Holy moly, this is a lot of cooking. I don’t know about you, but I was used to ordering out or picking up at least once a week.
I’m not complaining, though. Cooking dinners at home more often is a great way to save money, inspires me to get more creative and try new recipes, and is typically a lot healthier.
Due to cooking meals more often at home, I’m on the hunt for simple and tasty chicken recipes. This easy parmesan crusted chicken recipe uses many items that are typically found in your pantry.
Panko crusted chicken
Any kind of herb-crusted chicken transforms a normal chicken dinner into fancy in this house. We have chicken dinner burnout often here thanks to me serving up the same chicken dinners over and over.
Thankfully, adding a mixture of seasonings and bread crumbs to your chicken creates a juicy inside and crispy outside that the whole family with love.
If you’re looking for something a tad fancier, give this chicken romano a try. It’s similar, but has a few more seasonings to add flavor.
This parmesan crusted chicken is somewhat fried in oil, which adds to the deliciousness. The flavorful chicken pairs well with anything and even the pickiest of eaters will most likely request it again.
Serve these crispy chicken breasts with pasta, rice, veggies, salad, or anything you have on hand.
Parmesan crusted chicken ingredients
(Exact measurements in the recipe card below)
- Large chicken breasts
- Panko bread crumbs
- Grated parmesan cheese
- Italian seasoning
- Garlic powder
- Shredded parmesan cheese
Herb crusted chicken directions
Add oil to a skillet and begin to heat on medium heat.
Add bread crumbs, cheese, and seasonings to a shallow bowl and mix well.
Add egg and water to a separate bowl and whisk well.
Dip chicken into the egg, coating both sides.
Dip the coated chicken into the bread crumb mixture and generously coat both sides.
Carefully add the chicken to the hot oil in the pan.
Cook for 4-6 minutes on each side or until no longer pink in the center and the bread crumbs are browned.
Remove from the pan and top with shredded parmesan cheese, if desired, before serving.
Makes two pieces of garlic parmesan chicken.
Serve with your favorite veggies or side dishes.
- 2 large chicken breasts
- 1/2 cup panko bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon water
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 2 tablespoons shredded parmesan cheese, optional for serving
- Add oil to a skillet and begin to heat on medium heat.
- Add bread crumbs, cheese, and seasonings to a shallow bowl and mix well. Add egg and water to a separate bowl, and whisk well. Dip chicken into the egg, coating both sides and then dip into the bread crumb mixture, coating both sides. Carefully add to hot oil in pan.
- Cook for 4-6 minutes on each side or until no longer pink in the center and bread crumbs are browned. Remove from pan and top with shredded parmesan cheese, if desired, before serving.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 548Total Fat: 27gSaturated Fat: 6gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 19gCholesterol: 209mgSodium: 1163mgCarbohydrates: 24gFiber: 2gSugar: 2gProtein: 50g
Nutrition facts are an estimate only.
Easy Chicken recipes
- Spinach and bacon hasselback chicken is low-carb and keto friendly.
- Easy chicken pasta bake for a hearty meal that’s quick with simple ingredients.
- Chicken thighs sheet pan dinner is packed with flavor.
- Shredded chicken ranch tacos for a delicious taco night twist.
- Marry me chicken for a rich and flavorful dinner that can be made low-carb if you choose.
If you like easy recipes, please subscribe to the blog using the form below.
Let me know if you try this parmesan crusted chicken!