This slow cooker chicken parmesan recipe is great for weeknight dinners. Now that slow cooker season, aka fall, is approaching, this is a Crockpot dinner you’ll want to pin for your meal plan. Full disclosure: the noodles are made separately. You cook the chicken in the slow cooker and serve over pasta.
Easy Slow Cooker Chicken Parmesan
The end of summer is always a little bittersweet, isn’t it? On one hand it’s kind of a bummer. The weather gets yucky, days get shorter, time speeds up. But, on the other… Kids. They Go. Back. To. School! (that noise was me, clapping. Sorry, not sorry) That’s where this Slow Cooker Chicken Parmesan Recipe saves the day.
With one kid having after school activities. Another having Band rehearsals. The youngest needs to be picked up from scouts. The very last thing I’m going to want to do after playing taxi is start making dinner. But since I started this Chicken Parmesan way earlier in the day, I don’t have to. Go me! I’ll share!
More delicious slow cooker dinner recipes:
- Three bean slow cooker chili
- Slow cooker sweet potatoes with maple pecan topping
- Creamy pork chops in the slow cooker
- 4 chicken breasts, skinless, boneless
- 1 can diced tomatoes, 14.5 oz can, I used the kind with Italian Seasoning
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- 3 tbs red wine, good, dry, if you wouldn't drink it, don't cook with it, blech
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese
- 1 tsp sugar
- salt & pepper, to taste
- In your slow cooker, combine all ingredients save for the cheeses. Add a touch more salt and pepper and all cheese.
- Cover and cook on low for about 6 hours.
- Check to make sure chicken is cooked completely. *170. Because, raw chicken. Eeww.
- Cover and cook for another 20 minutes until the cheese is a creamy, melty pot of yum.
- Serve over lightly buttered noodles. Family mealtime my friends! Enjoy!
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 379Total Fat: 15gSaturated Fat: 7gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 6gCholesterol: 135mgSodium: 622mgCarbohydrates: 10gFiber: 4gSugar: 3gProtein: 48g
This is one of our ‘go-to’ easy dinners. We usually have everything and don’t even need to shop. The kids love it. And I’m not Crazy Kitchen Mom come dinnertime. That’s winning in Vegas!
Please share this recipe with friends who like chicken parmesan. If you enjoy recipes like this, don’t forget to subscribe to our blog.
Let us know your favorite way to make chicken parmesan. We’d love to try different variations of the delicious chicken dish.
Now that the Instant Pot exists, I wonder if there’s a way to make this chicken parmesan recipe in it including the noodles. Must investigate.
So, what do ya think? Ready to give this Slow Cooker Recipe a try?