Breaded Chicken Sandwiches are one of our favorite meals around here. I am more of a picky eater and like everything bland and plain, but Mike likes his with a little kick. This might not be very original, but I want to show you how I bread chicken. I actually learned this from a friend who gave me a different recipe and I changed it up a little. Post contains affiliate links.
Breaded Chicken Sandwiches with a Kick Recipe
Since it’s usually just Mike and I, I only use 1lb of chicken breast. We always have leftovers for the next day.
This time I used chicken tenderloins, so I didn’t have to cut them. When I use full chicken breasts I usually cut them in half. Crush up your crackers or put them into a food processor. Dip each piece of chicken into the flour, egg and crackers in that order. Make sure they are fully coated and then place on the pan. This is the way I bread pork chops, too.
Bake chicken at 350 degrees for 25 – 30 minutes. I always cut the chicken to make sure it’s fully cooked.
Place the chicken pieces onto buns and choose your toppings. We use American cheese, ranch dressing and Texas Pete’s Chipotle Hot Sauce. Mike swears that there is no substituting the Texas Pete’s! Everything else is swappable.
2018 update: Mike now alternates between Texas Pete’s and Sweet Baby Ray’s Buffalo Wing sauce. He calls them buffalo chicken sandwiches and loves them as much as when I started making them. Now, we eat a lot of grilled chicken instead of breaded. Mike has become quite the grill master and it’s great. Grilled chicken with these toppings is just as delicious – or maybe even more yummy!
Other Recipes to Try:
- 1 lb Boneless Skinless Chicken Breast or Tenderloins
- 1 Sleeve Ritz Crackers, Crushed
- 2 Eggs
- 1/2 cup Flour
- 4 Buns or Bread
- 1 tablespoon Parmesan Cheese
- Optional Seasonings like, Salt, Pepper, Seasoning Salt…
- 4 slices American Cheese
- 4 tablespoons Ranch Dressing, to taste
- 4 teaspoons Texas Pete’s Chipotle Hot Sauce, to taste
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Cut chicken into strips (not necessary if you use tenderloins)
- Crush crackers – use a freezer bag or a food processor
- Add Parmesan cheese and any other seasonings to your cracker mixture
- Put flour, eggs and crackers into 3 shallow dishes for dipping
- Dip each piece of chicken 3 times – flour, eggs, crackers – in that order
- Once the strips are coated, place them on a pan
- Bake at 350 degrees for 25 – 30 minutes
- Cut into chicken to make sure it’s fully cooked (no pink)
- Serve on buns with cheese slices, ranch dressing, Texas Pete’s and any other desired toppings
Serving Size:4 sandwices
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 494 Saturated Fat: 6g Cholesterol: 181mg Sodium: 1021mg Carbohydrates: 35g Fiber: 1g Sugar: 3g Protein: 37g