The hot cocoa bombs train is not slowing down over here. Make these green hot chocolate bombs for St. Patrick’s Day next.
With glittery gold and St. Patrick’s Day sprinkles, these fun melting treats are sure to please all the little leprechauns.
See how you can make your own St. Patrick’s Day hot chocolate bombs that dissolve into a green drink with rainbow marshmallows.
St. Patrick’s Day Hot Cocoa Bombs
Similar to the other bomb recipes, this one uses an Instant Pot egg bites mold that allows you to seal the bombs without fusing spheres together.
You can use other silicone molds, but this one is working well for us and seems to make sealing the candy a bit easier.
If you’re looking for a cute way to celebrate St. Patrick’s Day, these lucky leprechaun hot cocoa bombs are a great way to do so.
Lucky Hot Cocoa Bombs Ingredients
(Measurements are in the recipe card below.)
- Green candy melts
- White chocolate chips
- Rainbow dehydrated marshmallows
- Hot chocolate mix
- Edible glitter
- St. Patrick’s Day sprinkles
Green Cocoa Bombs Directions
Melt the green candy melts in a microwave-safe bowl by heating at 50% power for 60 seconds. Stir well and repeat until they are completely melted.
Spoon a dollop of the melted green candy into an egg cup. Drag the spoon up to evenly coat the sides of the mold. Repeat, filling 4-5 additional slots in the mold. You will not use all the chocolate. Freeze the mold for 15 minutes.
Remove the mold from the freezer and fill each section with 1 tablespoon of hot chocolate. Add the dehydrated rainbow marshmallows to fill the bombs.
If necessary, reheat the remaining green chocolate until soft. Spoon a dollop on top of each mold and spread evenly to coat. Make sure to completely seal the bombs. Freeze for another 15 minutes.
Remove the mold from the freezer and gently pull the chocolate away from the mold before inverting the mold and peeling it away from the cup. Place the bomb round side up on a piece of wax paper.
Add the white chocolate chips to a resealable sandwich bag and microwave for 30 seconds at 50% power and knead the bag. Repeat until the chocolate is completely melted. Snip the tip of the bag and drizzle on top of the bombs.
Top with the St. Patrick’s Day sprinkles right away. Let them stand to harden.
Spray edible gold glitter to the bottom edges of the bombs.
To use the green hot chocolate bombs, add one to a mug and pour hot milk over the top.
Mix well until all the candies are melted and the hot chocolate mix is dissolved.
Top with additional marshmallows if desired.
DIY Green Hot Chocolate Bombs Recipe Notes and FAQ
Where do you buy edible gold glitter spray?
This Wilton edible gold glitter spray was found at Walmart. You can also order it from Amazon. There’s a link in the recipe card.
How many cocoa bombs does this make?
You should get 4-5 bombs out of this recipe. For some reason, this one makes more bombs than the previous recipes. You may find as you get better at coating the molds, you will use less chocolate.
How do you store hot chocolate bombs?
Store your hot cocoa bombs in an airtight container and keep them in a cool and dry place. Keep them in the freezer or fridge if you live in a warmer climate. For best results, use the balls within two weeks.
- 1 package, 11 oz, green candy melts
- 2 tablespoons white chocolate chips
- rainbow dehydrated marshmallows
- 5 tablespoons hot chocolate, divided
- edible glitter
- St. Patrick's Day sprinkles
- Add candy melts to a microwave-safe bowl and heat at 50% power for 60 seconds. Stir well. Repeat until completely melted.
- Spoon a dollop of green candy melts into an egg cup. Drag the spoon up the sides of the cup to evenly coat. Repeat, filling 4-5 additional cups. You will not use all the chocolate. Freeze mold for 15 minutes.
- Remove from freezer and fill each mold with 1 tablespoon hot chocolate and fill with marshmallows. If necessary, reheat the remaining green candy until soft. Spoon a dollop on top of each mold and spread evenly to coat. Freeze for 15 minutes.
- Remove from freezer and pull chocolate away from mold before inverting the mold and peeling it away from the cup. Place round side up on a piece of wax paper.
- Add white chocolate chips to a resealable sandwich bag and microwave for 30 seconds at 50% power and knead. Repeat until completely melted. Snip the tip of the bag and drizzle on top of the bombs. Top immediately with sprinkles. Let stand to harden.
- Spray edible glitter onto the bottom edges of the bombs.
- To use: Add bomb to a mug and pour hot milk over top. Mix well until all candy and hot cocoa is melted and dissolved. Add additional marshmallows if desired.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 358Total Fat: 2gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 1gCholesterol: 1mgSodium: 51mgCarbohydrates: 84gFiber: 0gSugar: 56gProtein: 1g
Nutrition facts are an estimate only.
More St. Patrick’s Day Recipes
More Hot Chocolate Bomb Recipes
Subscribe to the blog so you don’t miss out on any recipes.
Tag me in your pictures if you make these green hot cocoa bombs!