We can’t leave out the mermaid lovers in the DIY hot chocolate bombs section. The purple and blue swirls, mermaid fins, and magical sprinkles in these melts are perfect for an under the sea theme.
If you’re looking to get creative with hot cocoa bombs, this is a good recipe for beginners and beyond. The mold and technique used here is a tad easier to work with since you don’t have to seal spheres together.
Be sure to print and pin this mermaid hot cocoa bombs recipe. Please share it with your mermaid loving friends and family, too!
Magical Mermaid Hot Cocoa Bombs
If you want some melts for the adults, be sure to save mocha coffee bombs, as well. Everyone can join in on the fun of this candy melt trend.
Mermaid Hot Cocoa Bombs Ingredients
Here’s what you need to make these hot chocolate mermaid melts. The exact measurements are in the recipe card.
- Blue candy melts
- Lavender candy melts
- Hot cocoa mix
- Dehydrated cereal marshmallows
- Mermaid sprinkles
Hot Cocoa Melt Mold Used
- Silicone Egg Bites Mold
Mermaid Melts Directions
Add each color of candy melts to a separate microwave-safe bowl and microwave at 50% power for 60 seconds.
Stir and return to the microwave for two times, stirring after each time until the candy is smooth.
Use a third empty bowl to add one dollop of each color candy melt to the bowl.
Swirl the colors together and spoon into the mold. Spread the melted candy up the sides of the mold to coat completely.
Repeat until three mold cavities are filled. You will not use all the chocolate. Remove the spoons from the bowls.
Freeze the mold for 10 minutes.
Remove from the freezer and place one tablespoon of hot chocolate mix, some marshmallows, and some sprinkles to each cavity.
If necessary, reheat the candy melts, heating for 30 seconds at 50% power and stirring until melted.
Add a dollop of each color to the top of the mold and use a toothpick to swirl the colors together.
Top with the mermaid tail and sprinkles.
You may need to hold the tail for a minute until the chocolate is set enough. Because of this, work with one bomb at a time.
Return to the freezer for 10 minutes and then carefully remove it from the mold.
How to Use the Mermaid Hot Chocolate Bomb
Place the bomb into a mug and pour hot milk over it.
Stir well until everything is completely melted.
Remove any candy if it doesn’t melt before serving.
Mermaid Hot Cocoa Melts Recipe Notes and FAQ
What are the exact sprinkles you used here?
The mermaid sprinkles are Tylina Sweetshop. The large mermaid fin is Wilton. The small mermaid tail sprinkles are also Wilton.
Melting two colors at once.
Since you are working with two colors of candy melts, keep a closer eye on them. One color may harden faster or melt quicker than the other. You want them to both be melted and smooth since you are swirling them together.
Can I use a different mold?
Silicone molds work best for the hot cocoa bombs you see here. The egg bites mold works well because one side ends up flat. The large mermaid fin sticks better on the flat side of the melts you see here.
- 1/2 cup blue candy melts
- 1/2 cup lavender candy melts
- 3 tablespoons hot cocoa mix, divided
- dehydrated cereal marshmallows
- mermaid sprinkles
- mermaid fin
- Add each color of candy melts to a separate microwave-safe bowl and microwave on 50% power for 60 seconds. Stir after and return to the microwave and repeat 2 more times, stirring after each time in the microwave.
- Use a third and empty bowl to add one dollop of each color of candy melt to the bowl. Swirl colors together and spoon into the mold, sliding the candy melts up the side until completely coated. Repeat until 3 mold cavities are filled. Freeze for 10 minutes. You will not use all the colored candy melts. Remove spoons from the bowls.
- Remove from freezer and add 1 tablespoon cocoa, marshmallows, and sprinkles to each cavity.
- If necessary, reheat the candy melts, heating for 30 seconds at 50% power and stirring until melted. Add a dollop of each color to the top of the mold and use a toothpick to swirl the colors together.
- Top with mermaid tail, and sprinkles. You may need to hold the tail for a minute until the chocolate is set. Because of this, work with one bomb at a time. Return to the freezer for 10 minutes. Remove from mold.
- To enjoy: Place bomb in a mug and pour hot milk over it. Stir well until completely melted. Remove any pieces of candy that don't completely melt before serving.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 459Total Fat: 2gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 1gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 218mgCarbohydrates: 107gFiber: 2gSugar: 68gProtein: 3g
Nutrition facts are an estimate only.
More mermaid recipes:
Pin to save for later!
Subscribe to the blog for more recipes! Please tag me in your pictures if you make these mermaid hot cocoa bombs.