Mermaid ice cream is another magical treat to add to your collection.
Just like with the unicorn ice cream, this colorful dessert is extremely easy to make when you need a mermaid dessert.
Homemade Mermaid Ice Cream
Using just a few ingredients, you can make your own ice cream with mermaid-y colors for an under the sea themed party.
The ice cream itself is very sweet and each color has the same flavor.
Part of the magic here is keeping this recipe extremely simple.
You don’t need an ice cream maker or even anything that fancy at all to whip up this homemade ice cream to add to your dessert table.
Planning a themed party is a lot of work.
Keeping a few simple recipes on hand is key to maintaining your sanity.
Make this homemade ice cream the day before or even the morning of your party.
It only takes 4-6 hours to freeze, so prepare the mixture and then work on all your other mermaid desserts while it hardens.
Can you tell I am typically a frazzled, last-minute mess and I am assuming you are too?
In any case, here is a simple ice cream recipe with colors fit for all the merpeople of the land!
Eight-year-old me wants to do an Ariel hair flip in the pool over this ocean swirly goodness.
Mermaid Ice Cream Ingredients
(Measurements are in the printable recipe card below)
- Heavy whipping cream
- Sweetened condensed milk
- Blue, green, and violet food coloring
- Mermaid sprinkles
- Ice cream cones
How to make Mermaid Ice cream
Whip the cream and vanilla in a mixer on high until stiff peaks form.
Add sweetened condensed milk and whisk for another minute.
Divide the mixture into separate bowls. Use a larger bowl for the blue color.
Add food coloring to each bowl to make blue, purple, and green.
Place half of the blue into the container you use to make ice cream – a loaf pan, casserole dish, or insulated container for homemade ice cream.
If you make homemade ice cream often, these containers are awesome! They stack nicely in the freezer if you make more than one batch, too.
Drop dollops of half of the green ice cream and the purple ice cream.
Add remaining colors of the mixture, layering to alternate all the colors.
Tamp the dish down to remove air bubbles.
Smooth the top of the ice cream mixture with the back of a spoon.
Freeze for 4-6 hours or overnight.
Top with mermaid sprinkles and serve.
More Mermaid Recipes to Make
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1 can, 14 oz sweetened condensed milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Neon blue food coloring
- Neon green food coloring
- Purple food coloring
- Sweet Shop mermaid sprinkle mix
- Add whipping cream and vanilla to a mixer and whisk on high speed until stiff peaks form, about 2-3 minutes. Add sweetened condensed milk and continue to whisk for one more minute, scraping down sides of the bowl halfway through the mixing.
- Divide mixture into separate bowls. Use a larger bowl to make more blue ice cream and two smaller bowls for purple and green. Add food coloring to each bowl and mix well.
- Place half of the blue into a loaf pan or casserole dish and spoon dollops of half of the green and purple. Add remaining blue and green and purple. Tamp the dish to remove air bubbles. Smooth the top with the back of a spoon.
- Freeze for 4-6 hours or overnight.
- Serve topped with mermaid sprinkles
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Serving Size:1 scoop
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 279Total Fat: 18gSaturated Fat: 12gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 5gCholesterol: 60mgSodium: 67mgCarbohydrates: 25gFiber: 0gSugar: 25gProtein: 5g
Nutrition facts are an estimate only.
Are you planning an under the sea themed party? If not, you can also try this birthday ice cream recipe.
For more creative ideas, see how my sister threw an epic ocean themed party for my niece.
Don’t forget to subscribe to the blog for more magical desserts like this one.
Let me know if you make this mermaid ice cream!