A cookie pizza is an excellent dessert option that I believe is often overlooked.
Mermaid fans will flip their fins over this tasty and magical treat.
If you’re throwing a mermaid or under the sea themed party, desserts are where you can really impress guests.
With colorful sprinkles and frostings, it’s easy to decorate goodies to create smiles all around.
Pro tip: Mermaid parties are not just for kids.
If you’re a product of the 80’s or 90’s, I’m betting your friends would appreciate mermaid treats during the next game night.
Cookie Dessert Pizza for Mermaid Fans
Similar to our mermaid cupcakes, the mermaid tails pictured here were, unfortunately, quite problematic.
Although they look pretty, we recommend you try a different mermaid tail option due to how difficult these were to deal with — they break way too easily.
My sister threw a fabulous underwater party for my niece a while back.
Complete with the best party favors and whimsical decorations, I have to say my inner 8-year-old was doing a serious Ariel hair flip for joy.
It’s no secret that I thought I was an actual mermaid for an embarrassingly long time.
Thanks to the movie SPLASH, let’s just say there was a lot of salt sprinkled into the bathtub.
Speaking of childhood, chocolate chip cookie pizzas used to be a huge deal. Perhaps they still are and I am just hanging with the wrong crowd?
I remember walking past a cookie store in the mall and begging my Grandmother for a cookie pizza!
Making a cookie pizza is easy as, well, pie. After smooshing and baking, it’s all about the decorating.
You can easily switch up the toppings to fit any theme you’d like.
You can also switch the cookie dough you use to your taste. We used a roll of refrigerated chocolate chip cookie dough.
Feel free to try sugar cookie or any other flavor you see in the store.
The dough and topping combination possibilities make me want to throw more parties.
Mermaid Cookie Pizza
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Grease a 12″ pizza pan with nonstick cooking spray and press cookie dough into pan. Bake for 12-15 minutes or until golden brown. Add marshmallows to the top of the cookie and bake for an additional 2-3 minutes until marshmallows are puffy. Remove from oven and cool completely.
- Set aside about 1/4 cup white icing, or one large spoon dollop. Divide remaining frosting in half and place into two separate dishes. Color one dish teal and one dish purple. Set aside about 3 tablespoons of each of the colored frosting (place them in a small microwave safe bowl, this is the drizzle frosting).
- Microwave two small bowls of icing for 10 seconds. Stir. If the mixture isn’t easily pour-able, return to microwave for 5 seconds. Mix well and drizzle with a spoon over the pizza. Top with mermaid sprinkles and Sixlets.
- Lay a piece of plastic wrap onto a flat surface. Spread each of the 3 colors of icing next to each other on the plastic wrap, making about a 10-12″ strip. Fold the plastic wrap tightly and twist ends.
- Snip the tip of the plastic wrap and place into a plastic piping bag fitted with a star tip. Pipe icing onto the outer edge of the pizza.
- Top with mermaid decorations and slice and eat.
- To store, loosely cover and store at room temperature.
For another fun mermaid party dessert, try these mermaid donut holes!
Who in your life would love this mermaid cookie pizza?
It’s fine if the answer is YOU.