This recipe for magical door cupcakes is so easy and fun to make. You can set up a cookie decorating station with all sorts of sprinkles and let the creativity soar!
To make the beautiful, enchanted fairy doors follow the directions below or visit this post.
How to Make Magical Door Cupcakes
Adding the doors to the cupcakes is simple. Then, all you need to do is add green frosting for grass and decorative edible flowers.
Take these magical treats to your next themed party, baby shower, or make them for the neighbors. You’ll be known as the best cupcake maker in all the land.
There’s something magical about dessert. You can be creative with the story of how it’s developed, and you can use your imagination when arranging shapes, colors, and flavors.
Sure, that’s often the case with the creation of other cuisine and drinks, but desserts add a little something special–maybe it’s the sugar.
Like our fairy door cookies, these vibrant, yummy cupcakes are a bit of storytelling with food.
I see the bright green, rolling hills of a mystical fairy world and the inviting colors of a fairy gathering.
This food art is my childhood in a three-bite-sized dessert.
More Magical Treats to Make:
Magical Door Cupcakes
Enchanted Door Cookies:
- Optional: Use a bread knife to saw the bottom off of the cookies. Snack on the scraps! Lay the cookies on a flat surface. (If you want the doors to stand on their own, cut off the bottoms, but if you’re only using them on cupcakes, you can skip this step.)
- In a small resealable plastic bag, add candy melts but do not seal.
- Microwave at 50% power for 30 seconds and knead with your fingers. Continue to microwave and knead until completely melted.
- Seal the bag and snip a small tip into the corner of the bag.
- Pipe melted candy onto the cookies to look like doors.
- Add sprinkles and decorations to create fairy doors.
- Repeat until you have the desired number of fairy door cookies.
- Cut a slit into the center of the cupcake to fit the magical door cookie. Tuck the cookie into the cupcake.
- Color frosting with green food coloring. Place into a pastry bag fitted with tip 233.
- Pipe grass frosting onto the cupcakes. Add flower icing decorations.
Like our magical fairy door cookies, this recipe is an excellent opportunity to create magic with your kids or those special family and friends who are obsessed with all things magical.
Grab a sheet of distressed paper, create a scroll for the recipe below, and even make up magical names for the decorative elements–regular sprinkles a lot more fun when they’re magic unicorn dust!
Sometimes, our busy schedules get the best of us, and we’re not able to assemble the dinner of our dreams. However, this dessert is an easy way to add a special touch to rotisserie chicken or frozen pizza night.
Like I said at the beginning of this post, there really is something magical about dessert.
With a little bit of imagination and the minimal amount of time, you can bring your kitchen to life and make your evening a lot more interesting.
Now, go find that VHS tape of The Last Unicorn.
Share this magical recipe with your friends!