This recipe for magical door cupcakes is so easy and fun to make.
You can set up a cookie decorating station with all sorts of sprinkles and let the creativity soar!
To make the beautiful, enchanted fairy doors follow the directions below or visit this post about fairy door cookies.
How to Make Magical Door Cupcakes
Adding the doors to the cupcakes is simple.
Then, all you need to do is add green frosting for grass and decorative edible flowers.
Take these magical treats to your next themed party, baby shower, or make them for the neighbors.
You’ll be known as the best cupcake maker in all the land.
There’s something magical about dessert.
You can be creative with the story of how it’s developed, and you can use your imagination when arranging shapes, colors, and flavors.
Sure, that’s often the case with the creation of other cuisine and drinks, but desserts add a little something special–maybe it’s the sugar.
Like our fairy door cookies, these vibrant, yummy cupcakes are a bit of storytelling with food.
I see the bright green, rolling hills of a mystical fairy world and the inviting colors of a fairy gathering.
This food art is my childhood in a three-bite-sized dessert.
More Magical Treats to Make:
- Magical toadstool cupcakes
- Easy fairy bread
- Fairy toadstool donuts
- Mini fairy cakes
- Fairy cupcakes with wings
- Fairy shortbread cookie bites
Like our magical fairy door cookies, this recipe is an excellent opportunity to create magic with your kids or those special family and friends who are obsessed with all things magical.
Grab a sheet of distressed paper, create a scroll for the recipe below, and even make up magical names for the decorative elements–regular sprinkles a lot more fun when they’re magic unicorn dust!
Sometimes, our busy schedules get the best of us, and we’re not able to assemble the dinner of our dreams.
However, this dessert is an easy way to add a special touch to rotisserie chicken or frozen pizza night.
Like I said at the beginning of this post, there really is something magical about dessert.
With a little bit of imagination and the minimal amount of time, you can bring your kitchen to life and make your evening a lot more interesting.
Magical Door Cupcakes
Open the door to a world of sweet deliciousness! Make these whimsical and fun magical door cupcakes and invite everyone to your dessert oasis.
- 12 Milano cookies
- 25 bright white candy melts
- resealable sandwich bag
- sprinkles, variety
- 12 cupcakes, baked and cooled
- 16 oz white frosting
- Wilton Leaf Green Color Gels
- Wilton icing decoration flowers
- pastry bag
- pastry tip 233
Enchanted Door Cookies:
- Optional: Use a bread knife to saw the bottom off of the cookies. Snack on the scraps! Lay the cookies on a flat surface. (If you want the doors to stand on their own, cut off the bottoms, but if you're only using them on cupcakes, you can skip this step.)
- In a small resealable plastic bag, add candy melts but do not seal.
- Microwave at 50% power for 30 seconds and knead with your fingers. Continue to microwave and knead until completely melted.
- Seal the bag and snip a small tip into the corner of the bag.
- Pipe melted candy onto the cookies to look like doors.
- Add sprinkles and decorations to create fairy doors.
- Repeat until you have the desired number of fairy door cookies.
- Cut a slit into the center of the cupcake to fit the magical door cookie. Tuck the cookie into the cupcake.
- Color frosting with green food coloring. Place into a pastry bag fitted with tip 233.
- Pipe grass frosting onto the cupcakes. Add flower icing decorations.
- Wilton diamonds pearlized
- Wilton silver stars
- Wilton white confetti
- Betty Crocker Candy Shop Rainbow Chips
- heart sprinkles
- Silver Dragees
A bag of Milano cookies has 15 inside, so if you're making 24 cupcakes, you'll want 2 bags of cookies.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Serving Size:1 cupcakes
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 6372Total Fat: 329gSaturated Fat: 181gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 109gCholesterol: 846mgSodium: 6008mgCarbohydrates: 739gFiber: 40gSugar: 298gProtein: 115g
Nutrition facts are an estimate only.
Pin to save and share with friends!
Now, go find that VHS tape of The Last Unicorn.
Share this magical recipe with your friends!
Monday 6th of May 2019
These cupcakes are so cute. Great for a special sweet treat!
Monday 6th of May 2019
Being the very laziest kind of cook, and for sure not a baker, I'd just buy the cookies and eat them....
Monday 29th of April 2019
These are so cute! Mine would probably not look this cute, though!
ROSE MARIE SCOTT
Sunday 28th of April 2019
Enjoy seeing what cute idea you will come up with next. I do have a suggestion though.... you could also use the Vienna cookies for the door, you would get so many more in the package than the ones you suggested and what you don't use for the doors you could also snack on. ROL
Sunday 28th of April 2019
So pretty! I wish these wonderful ideas had been so available when my kids were little. Looks fun!