If unicorn hot chocolate bombs aren’t on your winter bucket list, it’s time to add them. These magical little cuties literally burst with white hot chocolate flavor.
Homemade hot chocolate bombs are a fantastical way to get creative in the kitchen. Decorate these adorable white chocolate unicorns any way you wish. Share your unicorn hot cocoa bombs as gifts or watch them dissolve into a warm and comforting mug of hot chocolate.
DIY White Chocolate Unicorn Hot Chocolate Bombs
With the hot chocolate bomb craze exploding on all of our feeds, you know we had to make some magical ones. These unicorns are white chocolate hot chocolate bombs with marshmallows.
If you plan to make DIY hot cocoa bombs, why not make adorable unicorns? This recipe for hot chocolate bombs results in a rich and sweet white hot chocolate.
Watching the candy bomb dissolve in the hot milk is a satisfying experience before you sip the comforting beverage on a cold day. Bond with the family while making unicorn hot chocolate bombs, and then curl up to enjoy your creations.
Unicorn Hot Chocolate Bomb Ingredients
(Measurements are in the printable recipe card below.)
- Vanilla flavored almond bark
- Hot chocolate mix
- Rainbow mini marshmallows
- Wilton unicorn horns and ears
- Wilton rose sprinkles
- Wilton candy decorating pens
- Candy pearls
- Unicorn sprinkles
How to Make Unicorn Hot Chocolate Bombs
Add the vanilla almond bark to a microwave-safe bowl and melt the chocolate according to the package directions.
I microwave mine for 60 seconds at 50% power, twice, stirring between each session in the microwave.
Add one spoonful of melted white chocolate to a resealable sandwich bag and set aside.
The mold shown here is an Instant Pot egg bites pan. It measures 8.25″ in diameter and about 2″ high.
Add one dollop of melted white chocolate to an egg cup mold. Drag the chocolate up the sides of the mold so it’s covered.
Repeat to fill three cavities of the mold. You will not use all the chocolate.
Freeze for 10 minutes. Remove from the freezer and add one tablespoon of hot chocolate mix to each cavity.
Top with rainbow marshmallows and sprinkles, making sure to keep them as level as possible in the mold so you can seal it properly.
If necessary, microwave the remaining chocolate.
Spoon a dollop of the melted white chocolate onto the top of the marshmallows and sprinkles and smooth it out evenly to form a seal.
Freeze for 15 minutes.
Remove the mold from the freezer and carefully pull away the sides of the mold from the hot chocolate bomb.
Flip over the mold and peel it away from the bomb. Place it on a flat surface.
Microwave the small bag of chocolate for 15 seconds at 50% power. Knead the bag until it’s completely melted and smooth.
If necessary, return to the microwave for another heating cycle.
Snip the tip of the bag and pipe a line of chocolate on top of the bomb and attach the candy horn and ears.
Add the flowers and decorations.
Finally, pipe some white chocolate onto the top and sprinkle unicorn sprinkles on top.
Let set to harden.
Use the candy pen to draw on the unicorn eyes and any other facial features if you choose.
To use the unicorn hot chocolate bomb, place into a mug and pour hot milk over it.
Stir to dissolve and release the contents of the hot chocolate bomb.
Sip carefully and don’t burn your tongue on the white hot chocolate!
Please be sure to let everything fully dissolve before drinking. Check your kids’ mugs for large pieces before serving.
Unicorn Hot Chocolate Bombs Recipe Notes and FAQ
Where can I buy Unicorn Hot Chocolate Bombs?
If you don’t want to make unicorn hot chocolate bombs, there are several available to buy on Etsy.
What kind of mold do you use for hot chocolate bombs?
The mold used here is an Instant Pot egg bites mold. Silicone molds are the easiest to use. These hot chocolate bombs are easier to seal since you don’t have to fuse together two sides of a sphere. The flat bottom also allows the unicorn to sit upright.
Where do you buy the candy unicorn horn with ears?
I found the flowers and unicorn horns and ears at JOANN, and both of them worked perfectly! The horns are nice and sturdy and easy to work with. The sprinkles are Cake Mate Unicorn Love.
- 8 ounces vanilla flavored almond bark
- 3 tablespoons hot chocolate mix, divided
- Rainbow mini marshmallows
- Wilton Icing Decorations - unicorn horn and ears
- Wilton Rose Sprinkles
- Wilton Candy Decorating Pens
- Candy Pearls
- Unicorn Sprinkles
- Add white chocolate to a microwave-safe bowl and microwave according to package directions. I microwave mine for 60 seconds at 50% power, twice, stirring between each session in the microwave.
- Add 1 spoon dollop of melted chocolate to a resealable sandwich bag and set aside.
- Add one dollop of white chocolate to an egg cup mold. Drag the chocolate up the sides of the mold so it's covered. Repeat until you have 3 cavities filled. (You will not use all of the chocolate)
- Freeze for 10 minutes. Remove from the freezer and add 1 tablespoon hot chocolate mix to each cavity. Top with marshmallows, making sure you keep them as level as possible or completely in the mold.
- If necessary, microwave remaining chocolate. Spoon a dollop of chocolate onto the top of the marshmallows and smooth evenly. Freeze for 15 minutes.
- Remove from freezer and pull away the sides of the mold from the hot chocolate bomb. Flip over the mold and peel it away from the bomb. Place on a flat surface.
- Microwave the small bag of chocolate for 15 seconds at 50% power. Knead the bag until completely melted and smooth. If necessary, return to the microwave for another heating cycle. Snip the tip of the bag and pipe a line of chocolate on top of the bomb and attach the horn and ears. Add the flowers and decorations. Finally, pipe white chocolate onto the top and sprinkle unicorn sprinkles on top. Let set to harden.
- Use the candy pen to draw a face on your unicorn hot chocolate bomb.
- To use, place the hot chocolate bomb into a mug and pour hot milk over it. Stir until completely dissolved.
Important! Make sure the unicorn horn and other candies dissolve completely -- or remove them -- before serving.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 465Total Fat: 5gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 181mgCarbohydrates: 51gFiber: 1gSugar: 43gProtein: 2g
Nutrition facts are an estimate only.
More unicorn recipes to try
More hot chocolate recipes to make
Pin for later!
If you like cute recipes like this, be sure to subscribe to the blog. You’ll even get printable
Let me know if you make unicorn hot chocolate bombs!