Here is a festive 4th of July cookies recipe that's perfect all summer. Firecracker bites are tasty and fun to eat. The colors of the dough are easy to switch up depending on your occasion. This post contains affiliate links.
Summer is coming, and that means barbecues, celebrations, and gatherings. Whether you plan on hosting or attending, you should make these Memorial Day or 4th of July cookies. Party food isn't complete without cookies, right?
Firecracker Bites – 4th of July Cookies Recipe
- 1/2 Cup sugar
- 5 Tablespoons softened butter
- 1 Egg
- 1 Tablespoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 Teaspoon baking powder
- 1 1/2 Cups flour
- 1/4 Teaspoon salt
- Red and blue food coloring
- 5 Tablespoons softened cream cheese
- 3 Tablespoons softened butter
- 1 Teaspoon vanilla
- 3 Cups powdered sugar
- Star sprinkles
- Preheat your oven to 350° and grease a mini muffin pan with butter
- In a large mixing bowl, beat your sugar and butter with a hand mixer until light and fluffy
- Mix in your egg and vanilla
- Now mix in your flour, salt, and baking powder
- Separate your dough in half, add red food coloring to one, and blue to the other and mix
- Mix both colors of dough together and form into small bouncy ball sized balls
- Press each dough ball slightly into the bottom of each muffin mold
- Bake for 10 minutes
- Right when they come out of the oven press the center of the cookie down with your finger and let cool
- While your cookies are cooling, mix together your butter, cream cheese, vanilla, and powdered sugar until you have a thick creamy frosting
- Scoop the frosting into a large decorating bag and cut the tip off
- Frost the center of your cookies with a swirled motion
- Top off with just the blue and white star sprinkles and enjoy
The possibilities are endless with these cookies. Change the colors, the frosting, and the decorations to make them for different holidays. If you're having a graduation party, maybe use the school colors. Wedding shower? Use the theme colors and a fancier frosting swirl. Get creative and use your imagination.
More 4th of July party food recipes:
- Smurfberry bark candy recipe
- Red, white, and blue chocolate covered Oreo cookies
- Patriotic colored chocolate shot glass
Do you make 4th of July cookies? Do you think you would like these Firecracker Bites?
Rainbow Crumbs for You
Weekly newsletter with our latest posts and shenanigans.