Spring, are you out there somewhere? We have a tasty dessert for you.
This easy lemon trifle recipe is perfect for welcoming warmer weather should it choose to make an appearance.
In any case, weather won’t stop us from enjoying the light and fluffy layers of this lemon trifle.
Lemon Oreo Trifle Recipe
You can make this dessert ahead of time, but keep in mind the cookies won’t be as crunchy should you do so.
The pudding and whipped topping will soften the cookies, but it still tastes great.
Trifles are a hit at gatherings. I get frequent requests to bring this trifle recipe to parties.
I can’t wait to see if they like the lemon trifle recipe, too. Lemon, to me, always tastes so light and refreshing.
I love lemon desserts during spring and summer.
This parfait will be a hit at BBQ parties, pool parties, graduation parties, and any other time there are guests to impress.
The yellow color is ideal for a baby shower dessert, too!
You could even put some pink or blue sprinkles in the middle of this trifle if you’re doing a gender reveal. Just a thought.
Making trifles is fun, and it’s such an easy dessert option.
Just get some kind of cake, your favorite cookies, whipped topping, and pudding.
Cut up the cake. Make the pudding. Crush the cookies.
Layer into your fancy dessert dish in this order — cake, pudding, Cool Whip, cookies.
Continue layering in that order until the dish is full.
Serve spoonfuls of all the layers and watch guests fall in love with your beautiful dessert.
It’s almost too easy and extremely difficult to mess up. That’s my kind of dessert!
Prefer chocolate? Try this delicious chocolate cherry trifle recipe!
More recipes using Lemon Oreo cookies:
- Lemon Oreo no-bake cheesecake for two
- Lemon Oreo banana bread recipe
- Orange and Lemon loaded cookie recipe
- Lemonade popsicles
- 6.8 oz lemon instant pudding, two 3.4 oz packages
- 4 cups milk
- 15 lemon Oreos, divided
- 1 prepared angel food cake -from the bakery, mine was 14 oz
- 8 oz whipped topping, thawed
- Mix milk and pudding together with a whisk until no lumps remain. Refrigerate for 5 minutes to thicken.
- Place 10 cookies into a resealable bag and use a rolling pin to crush them.
- Cut the angel food cake into 1″ pieces using a bread knife.
- Place half of the cake into the bottom of a trifle bowl.
- Add half of the pudding and half of the whipped topping.
- Sprinkle with half of the crushed cookies.
- Repeat the three layers.
- Once you finish with the whipped topping, add remaining whole cookies to the top of the bowl. Sprinkle with remaining crushed cookies.
- Refrigerate 4 hours before serving.
==> You can make ahead, but know that the cookies will soften due to the pudding and whipped topping.
==> Scoop to the first layer of cake when serving. This will get you about 6 servings per layer.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Serving Size:1 scoop
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 298Total Fat: 11gSaturated Fat: 7gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 1gCholesterol: 7mgSodium: 379mgCarbohydrates: 44gFiber: 1gSugar: 12gProtein: 6g
Nutrition facts are an estimate only.
If the trifle turns out too lemony for you, there are a few things you can do.
- Use vanilla pudding instead of lemon.
- Replace the lemon Oreos with Golden Oreos.
- Alternate layers with vanilla and lemon.
Does this easy lemon trifle recipe sound tasty to you?