This birthday cake fluff salad recipe is a fun and colorful dessert for your next birthday party. The sweet and fluffy marshmallow salad is great as a dip or to eat with a spoon.
If you love that birthday cake flavor in desserts, add this one to your list. With Funfetti cake mix as one of the ingredients, you get that cake batter flavor that so many of us drool over.
Funfetti Birthday Cake Fluff Salad Dessert
Rainbow colors, indulgently sweet, easy to make, yep–I think this marshmallow dessert recipe checks all our boxes over here. This fluffy delight is perfect for unicorn parties, birthday parties, or any happy and colorful event.
As I mentioned in the birthday cheese ball post, there are different varieties of funfetti cake mix to use if you want different colors. You can switch up the sprinkles, and even explore different colors of marshmallows.
Birthday Fluff Ingredients
Here’s what you need to make this marshmallow salad recipe. The measurements are in the recipe card below.
- Vanilla instant pudding: Get vanilla or french vanilla instant pudding mix.
- Milk: I use 2% milk for this recipe. Feel free to use your choice of milk when making pudding.
- Vanilla extract:
Cake batter extractwould also be good.
- Funfetti cake mix: A box of Funfetti cake mix or any type of confetti cake mix.
- Whipped topping: A tub of Cool Whip or your favorite brand of whipped topping.
- Mini marshmallows: Use rainbow marshmallows for even more color.
- Sprinkles: Rainbow sprinkles or whichever colors you prefer.
- Optional dippers like, graham crackers, animal crackers, or use mini tasting spoons.
Funfetti Cake Mix Fluff Salad Directions
Whisk the cold milk and pudding mix in a large mixing bowl until it is smooth.
Stir in the vanilla extract and dry cake mix.
Mix in the tablespoons of sprinkles.
Fold in the whipped topping until the mixture is well combined.
Add in the mini marshmallows and stir until coated.
Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and chill in the refrigerator for at least one hour before serving.
Add extra sprinkles to the top and serve!
Include some mini tasting spoons, graham crackers, animal crackers, or any other dippers you think will go well with the marshmallow fluff.
I think pretzel crisps would be great to break up some of the sweet flavor with some salty!
Top with a cherry, add a birthday candle, or dress this dessert up however you want to fit your celebration!
Birthday Fluff Salad Recipe Notes and FAQ
How should I store leftover fluff salad?
Store leftovers in an airtight container and keep in the refrigerator for up to 2-3 days.
Can I make fluff salad the day before?
It’s best to make this birthday fluff the night before you plan to serve it.
- 3.4oz vanilla pudding packet
- 1 ½ cup cold milk
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 ½ cups dry funfetti cake mix (about half a box)
- 1 container cool whip
- 3 cups mini marshmallows
- 1 tablespoon sprinkles, plus extra for garnish
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk the cold milk into the vanilla pudding mix until smooth.
- Stir in the vanilla extract and dry cake mix.
- Mix in the tablespoons of sprinkles, and fold in the cool whip until well combined.
- Add in the mini marshmallows until coated.
- Cover the dish with plastic wrap and chill in the refrigerator for at least 1 hour before serving. Add extra sprinkles for garnish. Enjoy!
Store leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 2-3 days.
This fluff salad can be prepared the night before.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 129Total Fat: 2gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 1gCholesterol: 3mgSodium: 145mgCarbohydrates: 27gFiber: 0gSugar: 17gProtein: 2g
Nutrition facts are an estimate only.
More Funfetti Recipes
- Funfetti cream cheese ball dip
- Funfetti cookies
- Cake batter popsicles
- Birthday cake ice cream
- Low-carb confetti mug cake
- Birthday cake trifle
Pin this image to your dessert board to save and share!
If you love fun recipes like this one, please subscribe to the blog, so you don’t miss a thing!
Let me know if you try this birthday cake fluff salad. I’d love to hear how it turned out for you.