Hot chocolate fans, listen up!
This is a super creamy and delicious homemade hot chocolate recipe for you to make immediately.
Extra Creamy Homemade Hot Chocolate
If you’ve never melted marshmallows into the mix, you’re in for a sweet treat.
The holidays are behind us, but most of us still have quite a bit of winter weather to endure.
It’s still time for all things cozy.
A mug of hot cocoa, a fuzzy blanket, and a blazing fireplace are things I live for during the cold weather months.
It’s fun to make hot chocolate from home to experiment with different flavor combos.
Make a big batch of hot cocoa for a gathering, or just enough for your family on movie night.
Whatever you choose, homemade hot chocolate is so easy to make.
To make this recipe even creamier, feel free to use whole milk.
If you’d like to ease up on the calories a bit, go ahead and opt for 1% or skim milk.
Again, the secret to this creamy hot cocoa is adding marshmallows to the mix in addition to the topping.
Homemade Hot Chocolate Ingredients:
Makes 4 cups
- 3 tablespoons white sugar
- 4 teaspoons unsweetened baking cocoa powder
- 4 cups milk
- 1 1/2 cups mini marshmallows
- optional toppings: more marshmallows, whipped cream, chocolate shavings.
Homemade Hot Cocoa Directions:
Add sugar, cocoa powder, milk, and 1 1/2 cups of marshmallows into a saucepan.
Heat over medium-low, stirring occasionally until all the marshmallows are melted.
You want the mixture hot, but not boiling or bubbly.
It will get frothy due to the milk and that’s okay.
Serve in your favorite mugs and top with more marshmallows.
More recipes if you love hot chocolate:
For even more fun, make these chocolate covered spoons to share with friends.
If you throw a winter party, set up a hot chocolate bar with toppings, chocolate stirring spoons, and funky mugs so guests can create their own hot cocoa creations.
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 4 teaspoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 4 cups milk
- 1 1/2 cups marshmallows, plus more for serving
- Add sugar, cocoa, milk, and 1 1/2 cups marshmallows in a saucepan.
- Cook over medium-low heat, string occasionally until all marshmallows are melted and mixture is hot, but not boiling or bubbly. It will get frothy due to the milk and that's okay.
- Serve in mugs topped with marshmallows.
Serving Size:4 cups
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 246 Saturated Fat: 5g Cholesterol: 24mg Sodium: 120mg Carbohydrates: 37g Fiber: 1g Sugar: 32g Protein: 8g
Do you make hot chocolate from home?
Let me know if you try this homemade hot chocolate recipe!