One can never have too many cupcake recipes. They are the perfectly portioned treats that allow for endless creativity–each its own mini masterpiece. Receiving a cupcake that has been crafted by someone is always such an honor–like a tiny piece of edible art was made just for you.
These Disney Pixar Coco inspired guitar cupcakes are easy to make and another brilliant design by our friend Devon, of Midwestern Moms. For more of her ingenious creations, check out her irresistibly cute Lego Cupcakes–excellent for themed birthdays, movie night, or just for fun.
Coco Inspired Guitar Cupcakes
In Disney•Pixar’s “Coco,” aspiring musician Miguel (voice of newcomer Anthony Gonzalez) teams up with charming trickster Hector (voice of Gael García Bernal) on an extraordinary journey through the Land of the Dead.
Coco comes out November 22, 2017! These are exactly what should be on your Thanksgiving dessert table after seeing the movie–along with these fall themed cupcakes.
- 1 box chocolate cake mix
- 1 cup flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 1 1/3 cup water
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 cup sour cream
- 4 eggs
- Decorators Icing
- Royal Blue food coloring gel
- Black food coloring gel
- Bright White Candy Melts
- Black Candy Melts
- Yellow Candy Melts
- Red Candy Melts
- Bright Pink Candy Melts
- Blue Candy Melts
- Blend together the chocolate cake mix, flour, sugar, water, vegetable oil, vanilla, sour cream, and eggs. Mix until all ingredients are combined.
- Line a cupcake tin with cupcake liners and fill with batter 3/4 full.
- Bake at 325 degrees for 18 minutes.
- Allow to cool before decorating.
Nutrition facts do not include the icing or fondant. Please see blog post for complete decorating instructions.
Serving Size:34 cupcakes
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 118 Saturated Fat: 2g Cholesterol: 22mg Sodium: 169mg Carbohydrates: 18g Sugar: 10g Protein: 1g
- Dip out some icing to use on the top of the cupcakes into a bowl. Add Royal Blue color gel and mix it together. Add just a touch of black food coloring gel to make it a smidge darker.
- Use a 1M decorating tip and a disposable piping bag and pipe the icing onto the cupcakes.
- Click the link to print out the guitars template. Tape it to a cookie sheet and cover with wax paper. Also tape the wax paper to the cookie sheet as well.
- Melt white candy melts according to the package. Put the melted candy in a disposable piping bag and snip the end.
- Trace the outline of the guitar and the circle in the middle. Do this for all of the guitars. Once the outlines have hardened, then flood the guitars. Shake the cookie sheet a bit to help it settle.
- Melt black candy melts according to the package. Once melted, add to a disposable piping bag and snip the end. Fill in the hole on the guitar.
- Place the cookie sheet of guitars in the fridge for about 30 minutes or until hardened.
- Being careful, remove the guitars from the wax paper to place on the cupcakes.
- Click the link to print out the twig template and attach it to a cookie sheet. Cover with wax paper and attach it to the cookie sheet as well.
- Melt Yellow candy melts according to the directions. Place in a disposable piping bag and snip the end. Fill in the middle line of the twigs.
- Melt the Bright Pink candy melts and place in a piping bag, cut the end. Fill in the last leaves on the twigs. Make sure the pink makes contact with the yellow.
- Do the same with the Red candy melts and fill in the middle leaves.
- Again, the same with the blue candy melts and fill in the top leaves.
- Melt the yellow candy melts and go over the stem again.
- Place in the fridge for 30 minutes or until hardened.
- Very gently remove them to use on the cupcakes.
ENJOY your adorable Coco Guitar Cupcakes!
Make emoji cupcakes next.
Don’t forget to mark your calendar to see Coco in theaters November 22!