Here’s another layered dessert to add to the trifle recipes on this blog. If you’re not a fan of chocolate, maybe this strawberry cheesecake trifle is more appealing to you.
Fresh strawberries in between strawberry cake, cheesecake pudding, and whipped cream for a delicious layered dessert any time of year. See how to make this quick and easy trifle recipe the next time you need a sweet treat.
Strawberry Cheesecake Trifle Layered Dessert
I usually reach for chocolate desserts if there’s an option, but once in a while I love anything with fresh strawberries. The colors and flavors of this trifle remind me of spring or Valentine’s Day, but it’s most definitely delicious all year round.
Fill up your trifle bowl with these tasty layers of strawberry cheesecake for your next event.
Strawberry Cheesecake Trifle Ingredients
(Exact measurements in printable recipe card below)
- Strawberry cake mix
- Ingredients to make the cake mix (usually eggs, water, and oil)
- Instant cheesecake pudding mix
- Whipped topping, thawed
- Fresh strawberries, washed and dried
Strawberry trifle directions
Whisk together the pudding and milk in a small bowl.
Place the smooth pudding mixture into the refrigerator for 5 minutes.
Put 5-8 whole strawberries to the side.
Remove the tops of the remaining strawberries and slice them into quarters.
Bake the strawberry cake mix as per instructions. Use the directions on the box for 2 rounds or a 9 × 13 sheet pan.
Let the cake cool completely and then cut into cubes.
Place half of the cake cubes into a
Top with half of the pudding and half of the whipped topping.
Smooth out each layer as you go.
Add the fresh sliced strawberries.
Repeat the layers ending with a large center dollop of whipped topping.
Add the reserved fresh whole strawberries.
Serve immediately, or cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.
Serves 10-12 people.
Recipe notes and FAQ
Tasty Strawberry Trifle Additions
If you miss the crunch of cookies in this trifle, add in some crushed graham crackers, shortbread cookie crumbles, or any kind of vanilla cookie.
How to make it a mini strawberry trifle
Use a strawberry cupcake, a vanilla Snack Pack, and whipped cream from a can to make a mini strawberry trifle.
Can you make a strawberry cheesecake trifle the day before?
I would get the layers of the trifle ready the day before and assemble it the day of. Bake the cake, make the pudding, cut the strawberries, and have each layer ready to go so you only have to put them in the bowl.
- 1 box, 15.25 oz, strawberry cake mix and ingredients to make cake (usually eggs, water and oil)
- 1 small box, 3.4 oz, instant cheesecake pudding mix
- 2 cups milk
- 1 small tub, 8 oz, whipped topping, thawed
- 1 1/2 lbs fresh strawberries, washed and dried
- In a small bowl, whisk together pudding and milk until mixture is smooth. Refrigerate for 5 minutes.
- Set aside 5-8 whole strawberries. Remove tops of remaining berries and slice into quarters
- Bake cake according to package directions for 2 rounds or a 9x13 sheet pan. Let cool completely and cut cake into cubes. Place half of the cake cubes into a trifle bowl. Top with half of the pudding and half of the whipped topping, smoothing each layer. Top with fresh sliced strawberries.
- Repeat layers, ending with a large center dollop of whipped topping. Add reserved fresh whole berries
- Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve or serve immediately.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 270Total Fat: 12gSaturated Fat: 7gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 28mgSodium: 225mgCarbohydrates: 38gFiber: 1gSugar: 30gProtein: 4g
Nutrition facts are an estimate only.
More trifle recipes to make
- Lemon trifle recipe
- Chocolate cake trifle
- Pound cake and pudding trifle
- Gingerbread family trifle
- Red and green holiday trifle
Pin for later!
Don’t forget to subscribe to the blog for more recipes like this one!
Tag me in your pictures if you make this strawberry cheesecake trifle recipe.