This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of DairyPure Milk. All opinions are 100% mine.
Let’s face it. Pumpkin spice is the official taste of fall. When the kids get home from school and see me sipping on my favorite themed coffee, it’s only fair they have a little something to look forward to too. They don’t drink coffee yet, but they love hot chocolate. I figured I’d try making a hot pumpkin spice milk instead and it turned out awesome!
Pumpkin Spice Milk
On a chilly fall day, I love having something that smells great and warms the kids’ bellies when they walk in the door. Using the right milk is arguably the most important step. I used 2% DairyPure for the base of the drink and DairyPure heavy whipping cream for the (optional) topping.
DairyPure milk is the only milk backed by an exclusive 5 point Purity Promise:
- No artificial growth hormones*
- No significant difference has been shown between milk derived from cows treated with the artificial growth hormone rbST and non-rbST-treated cows. But I think it’s always best to be safe than sorry.
- All milk is tested for antibiotics
- Continuously quality tested to ensure purity
- Only from cow fed a healthy diet
- Cold shipped fresh from your local dairy
Learn more about DairyPure.
5 Ingredient Pumpkin Spice Milk Recipe
Also makes a great coffee creamer!
This awesome treat for kids and/or adults takes only 5 minutes to make and only requires 5 ingredients! Ingredients (for one serving):
- 1 cup DairyPure 2% milk
- 1/4 cup pumpkin puree
- 2 tsp maple syrup
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp pumpkin pie spice
Optional homemade whip cream topping:
- 1 cup DairyPure heavy whipping cream
- 3 heaping tbsp powdered sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- nutmeg, chocolate shavings, and/or cinnamon
- After gathering all your ingredients, begin by heating the DairyPure milk over medium heat. It is important not to scald the milk. Stir occasionally and watch to prevent boiling. Once you see steam, it’s ready.
- This can be done in the microwave, but is more difficult to watch to prevent overheating. If you choose to microwave, be cautious not to overheat the milk.
- While the milk is heating, put remaining ingredients in a heat-friendly blender.
- Once the milk is heated, pour into blender and blend on low/medium speed for 10 seconds.
- Pour into cute cup and top with homemade whip cream. (Optional)
You can find more recipes and ideas by visiting DairyPure on Facebook and DairyPure Recipe inspiration on Pinterest