Easy pumpkin cupcakes can be quickly created with as little as two ingredients. It’s a popular find all over the web – pumpkin puree + spice cake mix = the easiest pumpkin bread, cupcakes, or even cookies that you can imagine. I have tried this before using canned pumpkin, so I thought it would be a great way to put the Pacific Foods Organic Pumpkin Puree to the test.
If you don’t have spice cake mix, you can do this with vanilla or white cake, too. Just add 1 1/2 tsp (more or less to taste) of pumpkin pie spice to the mix.
So why Be Carton Smart?
- Tetra Pak cartons are made out of 70% paper. The paper is created from regrown trees that are FSC-certified (Forest Stewardship Council), making it a renewable resource.
- Cartons use 1/3 of the packaging compared to cans.
- Cartons are space-saving, easy to store, and easy to open. No can openers needed!
- No preservatives added – the unique packaging preserves the flavor and nutrients of the food.
- The recyclable packaging results in 60% less landfill waste than cans.
- The cartons can be re-closed for later use.
Many foods can be found in carton packaging. I received the perfect Thanksgiving mix of products.
I am looking forward to introducing these products to my family this Thanksgiving. Now that I have given the pumpkin a taste test, it’s safe to say everything tastes great from a carton! The cartons fit into my cabinets so nicely, too. Storage is a lot more compact with cartons. Storing the cartons gives it a Tetris-like feel in the cabinets.
Switching as many items as you can to Tetra Pack cartons is an easy way to help the environment. As you can see in the image above, the cartons have a lot of benefits without any sacrifice. They are also easy to carry on-the-go for some drinks and soups you may want to take on the road.
- 15.25 oz Cake mix, I used funfetti
- 16 oz Pacific Foods Organic Pumpkin Puree
- Mix all ingredients together well
- Fill lined cupcakes and bake for 19-23 minutes
- Top with your favorite frosting
Serving Size:1 cupcake
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 148Total Fat: 1gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 264mgCarbohydrates: 33gFiber: 2gSugar: 17gProtein: 2g
If you’d like to frost your cupcakes, allow me to recommend our favorite cream cheese frosting recipe. A whipped cream frosting would be delicious, as well. You can add chocolate chips, white chocolate chips, or maybe even butterscotch chips to this cupcake recipe. Get creative and see what tastes best. Be sure to let us know in the comments what you come up with.
More Pumpkin Recipes to Try this Year:
Follow #CartonSmart on Pinterest to get more ideas.
Tweet @CartonSmart with your recipe creations.
How can you be #CartonSmart this holiday season? Which canned ingredient could you swap out from canned to carton?