Adding to the fun ways to serve Jello, today I have galaxy Jello cups. Since the rainbow Jello cups were a hit, I thought a galaxy-themed layered Jello treat was in order.
If you’re on the hunt for galaxy desserts, add this recipe to your list.
Far Out Galaxy Jello Cups
I often find myself with a lot of boxes of Jello in the cabinet. Does anyone else stock up whenever they are on sale and then end up with way more than you need?
Having too much Jello is never a problem. Jello on its own is such an easy dessert to make. Or, if you’re feeling creative, the Jello creations you can make are endless.
If you have kids who love space, this is definitely a fun dessert to make with them. Just a warning — it will turn them into tiny aliens. Yes, this galaxy dessert turns your mouth blue, black, and purple!
Kids usually find their teeth turning colors hilarious, but use this as a word of caution in case you’re planning on pictures or would prefer your tiny humans to not change colors.
Be sure to also check out the stained-glass jello cubes!
No space party needed to enjoy these galaxy desserts. Have a family movie night with your favorite space flicks.
Galaxy Jello Cups Ingredients
Makes 8-10 half-cup servings.
(Exact measurements in the recipe card below)
- Grape Jello
- Blue Raspberry Jello
- Heavy whipping cream
- Black color gel
- Rock candy
- Star sprinkles
- White confetti sprinkles
- Black jumbo nonpareils
Galaxy cups directions
Make room in your refrigerator for your Jello to set.
Mix grape Jello with 1 cup of boiling water.
Stir well until dissolved.
Add 1 cup of cold water.
Pour into a small serving dish, filling halfway.
Refrigerate for 2 hours.
Repeat the process with the blue raspberry Jello and refrigerate for 4 hours.
Add heavy whipping cream and sugar to a mixing bowl.
Beat well until thick and creamy.
Mix in the black color gel.
Place into a piping bag and cut the tip.
Pipe onto the top of the Jello cups.
Top with sprinkles and candies.
- 3.4 oz grape jello (1 small package)
- 3.4 oz blue raspberry jello (1 small package)
- 4 cups water, divided
- 1 1/2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- black color gel
- rock candy
- star sprinkles
- white confetti sprinkles
- black jumbo nonpareils
- Clear a space in your refrigerator for your jello to set.
- Mix grape jello with 1 cup of boiling water. Stir well until dissolved. Add 1 cup of cold water. Pour into a small serving dish, filling halfway. Refrigerate for 2 hours.
- Repeat with the blue raspberry flavored jello and refrigerate for 4 hours.
- Add heavy whipping cream and sugar to a mixing bowl. Beat well until thick and creamy. Mix in black color gel.
- Place into a piping bag and cut the tip. Pipe onto the top of the jello cups and sprinkle with candies. Serve immediately.
- Makes 8-10 half-cup servings.
Caution: This will turn mouths blue, black, and purple. This can be hilarious or horrifying, so you've been warned! 😉
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 220Total Fat: 16gSaturated Fat: 10gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 5gCholesterol: 50mgSodium: 43mgCarbohydrates: 17gFiber: 1gSugar: 15gProtein: 2g
Nutrition facts are an estimate only.
More Galaxy Recipes to Make
Be sure to subscribe to the blog for more magical recipes.
Please let me know if you make this space treat.
Who do you know that would love these galaxy Jello cups?