Adding to the fun ways to serve gelatin, today I have galaxy gelatin cups. Since the rainbow gelatin cups were a hit, I thought a galaxy-themed layered gelatin treat was in order.
If you’re on the hunt for galaxy desserts, add this recipe to your list.
Far Out Galaxy Jelly Cups
I often find myself with a lot of boxes of gelatin in the cabinet. Does anyone else stock up whenever they are on sale and then end up with way more than you need?
Having too much gelatin is never a problem. Gelatin on its own is such an easy dessert to make. Or, if you’re feeling creative, the gelatin creations you can make are endless.
If you have kids who love space, this is definitely a fun dessert to make with them. Just a warning — it will turn them into tiny aliens. Yes, this galaxy dessert turns your mouth blue, black, and purple!
Kids usually find their teeth turning colors hilarious, but use this as a word of caution in case you’re planning on pictures or would prefer your tiny humans to not change colors.
Be sure to also check out the stained-glass gelatin cubes!
No space party needed to enjoy these galaxy desserts. Have a family movie night with your favorite space flicks.
Galaxy Gelatin Cups Ingredients
Makes 8-10 half-cup servings.
(Exact measurements in the recipe card below)
- Grape gelatin
- Blue Raspberry gelatin
- Heavy whipping cream
- Black color gel
- Rock candy
- Star sprinkles
- Black jumbo nonpareils
Galaxy cups directions
Make room in your refrigerator for your gelatin to set.
Mix grape packet with 1 cup of boiling water.
Stir well until dissolved.
Add 1 cup of cold water.
Pour into a small serving dish, filling halfway.
Refrigerate for 2 hours.
Repeat the process with the blue raspberry gelatin and refrigerate for 4 hours.
Add heavy whipping cream and sugar to a mixing bowl.
Beat well until thick and creamy.
Mix in the black color gel.
Place into a piping bag and cut the tip.
Pipe onto the top of the gelatin cups.
Top with sprinkles and candies.
- 3.4 oz grape gelatin (1 small package)
- 3.4 oz blue raspberry gelatin (1 small package)
- 4 cups water, divided
- 1 1/2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- black color gel
- rock candy
- star sprinkles
- white confetti sprinkles
- black jumbo nonpareils
- Clear a space in your refrigerator for your gelatin to set.
- Mix grape gelatin with 1 cup of boiling water. Stir well until dissolved. Add 1 cup of cold water. Pour into a small serving dish, filling halfway. Refrigerate for 2 hours.
- Repeat with the blue raspberry flavored gelatin and refrigerate for 4 hours.
- Add heavy whipping cream and sugar to a mixing bowl. Beat well until thick and creamy. Mix in black color gel.
- Place into a piping bag and cut the tip. Pipe onto the top of the gelatin cups and sprinkle with candies. Serve immediately.
- Makes 8-10 half-cup servings.
Caution: This will turn mouths blue, black, and purple. This can be hilarious or horrifying, so you've been warned! 😉
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 205Total Fat: 16gSaturated Fat: 10gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 5gCholesterol: 50mgSodium: 21mgCarbohydrates: 13gFiber: 1gSugar: 11gProtein: 3g
Nutrition facts are an estimate only.
Invasion-Worthy Galaxy Recipes to Make
- Quick and easy Galaxy fudge.
- No-churn swirly space colored Galaxy ice cream.
- Baked Galaxy donuts with a far out glaze.
- Mini space shortbread bites for 100 tiny galaxy cookies.
Be sure to subscribe to the blog for more magical recipes.
Please let me know if you make this space treat.
Who do you know that would love these galaxy gelatin cups?