No-churn galaxy ice cream is a must for your next space party.
This colorful and fun homemade ice cream recipe is beyond easy to make.
Easy, No-Churn Galaxy Ice Cream Recipe
This is an extremely simple ice cream recipe.
There are two main ingredients and no ice cream maker necessary.
What makes this treat unique are the colors and sprinkles.
If you plan to host a space-themed party, this ice cream will look great on the dessert table.
Yes, this is a recipe loaded with colors and sprinkles.
I’d only suggest it for a special intergalactic celebration.
What you need to make galaxy ice cream
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1, 14 oz can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Wilton gel coloring in black, violet, royal blue, and pink
- A variety of space-like sprinkles
All you have to do is mix the heavy whipping cream and vanilla until stiff peaks form.
Add sweetened condensed milk and whisk for another minute.
Separate the ice cream mixture into four bowls so you can color each one.
Use a larger bowl for the black coloring, so it’s even more space-like.
Drop blobs of the mixture into a loaf pan.
Have fun with the colors and layer them however you want.
Once your pan is full and tamped down, smooth the top with the back of a spoon.
Top with sprinkles and place the loaf pan into the freezer for 4-6 hours.
Serve in fun sundae dishes and top with more sprinkles.
Stand back and watch the far-out smiles fill the room.
This ice cream is very sweet. It’s about as sweet as it looks, so a tiny serving is all anyone needs.
I know it’s rare to eat the suggested 1/2 cup serving size of ice cream, but that’ll do with this galaxy ice cream!
If you make a lot of ice cream like I do, you might want to get this ice cream container instead of using a loaf pan.
The containers have lids and stack well in the freezer. I have two and I love them!
More desserts to make for a galaxy party
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 14 oz sweetened condensed milk, 1 can
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Wilton black food coloring
- Wilton violet food coloring
- Wilton royal blue food coloring
- Wilton pink food coloring
- Choco Maker Shimmer Rock Candy
- White confetti sprinkles
- Wilton Silver Cake Sequins
- Wilton Silver Stars
- Add whipping cream and vanilla to a mixer and whisk on high speed until stiff peaks form, about 2-3 minutes. Add sweetened condensed milk and continue to whisk for one more minute, scraping down sides of the bowl halfway through the mixing.
- Divide mixture into separate bowls. Use a larger bowl to make more black ice cream (than the other colors) and three smaller bowls for violet, pink, and blue. Add food coloring to each bowl and mix well.
- Place dollops of mixture into a loaf pan. Tamp the dish and smooth the top with the back of a spoon. Add sprinkles to the top of the ice cream. Freeze for 4-6 hours or overnight.
- Serve in sundae dishes topped with sprinkles.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Serving Size:1 serving
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 305Total Fat: 19gSaturated Fat: 12gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 6gCholesterol: 64mgSodium: 83mgCarbohydrates: 29gFiber: 0gSugar: 28gProtein: 5g
Nutrition facts are an estimate only.
Pin to save for later!
Ice Cream Recipes to Make
- Unicorn ice cream
- Pumpkin ice cream
- Green tea ice cream
- Birthday cake ice cream
- Homemade fried ice cream
Are you throwing a galaxy birthday party or other space-themed event?
Please let me know if you make this ice cream for your space party.
Tag me in your pictures or leave a comment below.
Be sure to subscribe to the blog so you don’t miss a magical recipe.
What other types of galaxy desserts would you like to see?