Kids and Summer snacks go hand in hand, and with all the wonderful fresh fruits of summer, like California Grapes, healthy snacks are right at our finger tips. Sponsored post. All opinions are our own. This grape salad parfait is delicious for both kids and adults.
California Grapes and Greek Yogurt Cones and Parfaits
With the long days of summer also come the parties, sleepovers, and playdates galore…and during those times we as parents like to treat our kiddos and their guest to something a little extra special and fun! The dilemma is this – “How do I create a yummy, tempting treat that is also healthy and not loaded with sugars and fat?”
Well I think I may have the answer, check out the following recipe ideas for some treats your family and friends are sure to love!
How about a super yummy dessert cone?
or ….. a decadent looking parfait? At first glance these treats appear to be high sugar, high fat party desserts, but they are actually Healthy Snacks in Disguise! (I get nervous calling anything healthy — this recipe still has sugar, but it’s a healthier alternative to many snacks. Please review the nutrition facts for yourself below.)
These treats are easily made with a few simple ingredients! They are also fun and pretty to look at!
Grapes are delicious on their own. We love grapes all season long. How else do you get creative with grapes? We’d love to hear more ideas in the comments below!
More Snacks Kids Love
- 1 cup grapes, black and green seedless California grapes cut into pieces
- 6 oz vanilla Greek yogurt
- 1/4 oz walnuts, chopped
- 10 mini marshmallows
- 2 tsp shredded coconut
- 2 ice cream cones, or parfait cups
- 1 tsp multi-colored nonpareils
- Rinse and dry your California grapes, then cut each grape into fourths
- In a bowl, mix together grape pieces, Greek yogurt, chopped walnuts, and mini marshmallows
- Scoop mixture into ice cream cones or parfait cups
- Sprinkle with shredded coconut then top with nonpareils
- Serve immediately or place in the freezer for approx. 15 mins for an extra cooling treat!
- Sit back and enjoy the smiles and hugs you will get for serving up this special and healthy treat!
Filling can be made ahead to save time (if made ahead of time do not fill cones until ready to serve as they will become soggy if left for too long)
Serving Size:1 parfait
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 618Total Fat: 17gSaturated Fat: 9gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 7gCholesterol: 55mgSodium: 222mgCarbohydrates: 105gFiber: 4gSugar: 80gProtein: 17g
Nutrition facts are an estimate only.
*I was chosen by Family Review Network to come up with a healthy, kid-friendly, California Grape Healthy Recipe for The California Table Grape Commission and was provided a Green, Black, Red cookbook and a $10 to shop for fresh grapes from California for my recipe. This recipe was created by me and all opinions are mine alone.