This fruit pizza dessert recipe just screams spring. It’s the ideal dessert to welcome warmer weather.
You can call it a fruit pizza or a fruit tart, but we’re sure you’ll also call it scrumptious.
Colorful and Tasty Fruit Dessert Pizza Recipe
Add this to your list of desserts to serve at gatherings this season.
The crust is the perfect chance to use up leftover ice cream cones. (I mean, if that’s a thing at your house. It’s certainly not here!)
You can mix up chocolate waffle and regular sugar cones to make a fun and unique texture, color, and flavor to the pizza.
Use a food processor to crush the cones.
Of course, you can use your choice of favorite fruits as toppings.
You can also add nuts, chocolate, or other toppings.
Just keep in mind that the crust is sweet. I’d recommend sticking to fruit on the top.
Plus, all the colors of the fruit makes it pretty.
More Recipes Using Fruit
If you’re looking for other dessert recipes that contain fruit, here are a few suggestions:
As you can probably guess, cream cheese frosting or “sauce” on this fruit tart is absolutely delicious.
Is there any type of dessert that’s NOT good with cream cheese frosting? Not that I can think of.
No matter which fruits you decide to use on your fruit pizza dessert, guests are sure to be in a for a delicious treat.
- 1 1/2 cups ice cream cones, ground into fine crumbs
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 6 tablespoons melted butter
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons half and half
- 1/2 cup Fresh fruit for topping: slice strawberries, blueberries, clementine segments, sliced kiwi
- Add ice cream cone crumbs, sugar and butter together and mix well. Press firmly into the bottom of a tart pan. Refrigerate.
- Beat cream cheese, powdered sugar and half and half together with a hand mixer until smooth. Spread onto prepared crust. Top with fresh fruit.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve. Slice into pieces and enjoy.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Serving Size:1 slice
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 327Total Fat: 23gSaturated Fat: 14gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 7gCholesterol: 70mgSodium: 202mgCarbohydrates: 27gFiber: 1gSugar: 22gProtein: 4g
Nutrition facts are an estimate only.
There are lots of reasons to celebrate as the weather warms up.
Make this beautiful and tasty dessert pizza for your next gathering.
Let us know which fruits you use and how it turns out!
Recipe originally published March 21, 2018.
Where would you serve this fruit pizza dessert recipe?