Galaxy bark is our next addition to our space-themed treats.
Bark candy is always fun to make since it’s so easy and relatively hard to mess up.
Galaxy Bark is Easy and Fun to Make
There’s something therapeutic about making galaxy bark.
First of all, swirling all the colors together to create your own personal galaxy is soothing.
Then, once it’s cool and ready to break, cracking the candy is most definitely satisfying.
Bark candy is always a hit at parties.
Using candy melts to create limitless designs and colors, there’s a good chance you can always create bark to match your party theme.
See our other bark candy recipes here:
Throwing a galaxy party?
Need more space-themed food ideas?
Galaxy bark, like all bark candy, is great to serve in many ways.
Since you break it up into whatever size you’d like, you can add it to goodie bags, gift tins, mason jars, and any other creative ways you can think to gift it.
Of course, galaxy bark is not limited to birthday party bashes.
Make it for your next game night, space movie marathon, girls’ night in, or whenever you feel the urge to make candy.
Can’t we all use an escape now and then?
Get the kids involved with the decorating.
Let them choose their favorite sprinkles and toppings and then name their own space galaxy!
- Place parchment paper onto a baking sheet and set aside.
- Place 25 candy melts into a resealable sandwich bag and do not seal shut. You will have 1 bag of each color, royal blue, bright white, lavender, and pink. Set aside.
- Place black candy melts in a microwave safe bowl and microwave according to package directions. Stir well and set aside, keeping warm.
- Place bags of candy into microwave and microwave for 60 seconds on 50% power. Knead and flip bags over. Continue to microwave in 30 second increments at 50% power, kneading after each heating until smooth.
- Drop dollops of black candy onto prepared baking sheet about an inch apart. Seal bags and snip the ends of the bag and add other colors in between the black.
- Use a spoon to swirl the colors together. Top with a generous amount of sprinkles. Set aside until firm, or place in the refrigerator for 15 minutes. Use a sharp knife to cut apart bark or break carefully.
- Store in a sealed container.
Don’t forget to subscribe to the blog for more magical recipes like this one!
Did you get your free unicorn coloring pages yet?
Be sure to do so and share with your friends!
Who do you know who would love galaxy bark?