Light, puffy, and whole grain, popcorn is one of those magical snacks that can be used in a variety of recipes.
The popped kernel is delicious dressed up as a sweet treat, and just as yummy touting more savory attire.
This recipe for galaxy party popcorn is obviously on the sweet end of the taste spectrum.
However, if you use salted popcorn as the base, you’ll get that wonderful flavor layering of sweet and salty that cause our taste buds to rejoice.
How to Make Galaxy Party Popcorn
Whether you’re planning the ultimate space themed party, or hosting an epic movie marathon, this candied popcorn is a guaranteed crowd pleaser.
Both kids and adults love the mixture, and it’s also great for Halloween parties.
Maybe you’ve got an aspiring astronaut with an upcoming birthday.
My kids are older now, but if I could go back and do their parties over again, each one would have a theme.
The photos and memories always turn out great!
Check out my daughter’s underwater party we put together for her 9th birthday. She still talks about it 5 years later!
Space Movie Marathon
If you’re looking to plan the ultimate space movie marathon, I’ve got a few film suggestions.
Star Wars, Guardians of the Galaxy, Spaceballs, Armageddon, and The Fifth Element are my current favorite space movies.
I haven’t seen First Man, with Ryan Gosling yet, and I have a feeling that will quickly be added to the list.
- Coat peanuts or other nuts in blue or purple candy melts to add some protein to the mix.
- Before cooling, dust the entire mixture with edible glitter to give a galactic sparkle to the final product.
- Serve as a topping for ice cream. Have you ever put popcorn in ice cream?! It’s like an elementary culinary miracle.
- Coat popcorn balls in different colors to represent planets and display them like a solar system.
Snack Mix Recipes
- 10 cups popped popcorn
- 10 oz black candy melts
- 1.75 oz Sixlets, blue
- 2 cups mini marshmallows
- 1 tbsp Wilton Silver Stars
- 1 tbsp nonpareils, blue
- 1 tbsp jimmies, white
- 1 tbsp Choco Maker Shimmer Rock Candy
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- Add popcorn to a large mixing bowl.
- Microwave candy melts according to package directions and pour over popcorn.
- Stir well to evenly coat popcorn.
- Spread mixture onto prepared baking sheet and immediately top with sprinkles, stars, candies, and jimmies. Let cool to harden completely or pop into the fridge to speed up the process.
- Once the popcorn is hard, break apart popcorn into smaller pieces and stir in marshmallows and Sixlets.
- Store in an airtight container or resealable bag.
Serving size is 1 cup.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Serving Size:1 serving
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 166Total Fat: 3gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 66mgCarbohydrates: 35gFiber: 1gSugar: 21gProtein: 1g
Nutrition facts are an estimate only.
Pin to save and share!
Do you have any occasions in mind for galaxy party popcorn?
Share this post with your popcorn-loving friends!