If you’re on the hunt for galaxy desserts, this galaxy cupcakes recipe is the perfect addition to your far-out treat table.
Grab your favorite chocolate cupcake recipe, or snag blank cupcakes from your local grocery store or bakery and get to decorating!
Spacey Galaxy Cupcakes Recipe
We are big fans of silicone baking cups and these purple ones are great for this look, but any dark color will do the trick.
To make your outer space event more interactive, consider creating a DIY stardust and space matter bar.
Allow guests to decorate their own cupcakes, sundaes, and make treat bags with the various sprinkles and meteorite-inspired candies.
Rock candy, star sprinkles, sparkling dust, and nonpareils make for wonderful looking toppings and are quite delicious.
For a burst of flavor, add Nerds candy!
Other Far Out Ideas
For candies and snacks that look like they’re from outer space, check these out:
- Galaxy Candyfetti
- These GORGEOUS Lollipops
- Galaxy Popcorn – we love this recipe!
- Galaxy Bark – another one of our recipes.
- Galaxy Ice Cream – also our creation.
- Galaxy chocolate fudge.
Don’t forget the Outer Space Goody Bags to contain all the treats!
- 24 chocolate cupcakes, cooled completely
- 2 tubs white frosting
- Wilton pink food coloring
- Wilton violet food coloring
- Wilton royal blue food coloring
- Wilton Black Color Mist Spray
- Various Sprinkles
- Choco Maker Shimmer Rock Candy
- White Pearlized Jimmies
- Wilton Silver Stars
- Wilton Silver Cake Sequins
- small blue nonpareils
- 2 piping bag
- Wilton 1M tip
- 3 paper plates
- Create a spray guard out of 3 paper plates. Use one for the bottom and two for the sides. Fold the plates and tape together with scotch tape. Set aside.
- Divide 1 tub of icing into three bowls and color each bowl pink, blue, and violet.
- Use a knife to spread the frosting along the side of a pastry bag fitted with a large star tip.
- Pipe onto 12 cupcakes.
- Place cupcakes into the spray guard and spray with color mist. Immediately add sprinkles.
- Repeat the process with the next set of 12 cupcakes.
The secret to galaxy cupcakes is a lot of sprinkles. The more you put on, the better they look.
The makeshift spray area is not necessary, but it keeps the mess in one space for super easy clean up.
Nutrition facts are an estimate, and will vary depending on the amount of toppings.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Serving Size:1 cupcake
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 69Total Fat: 4gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 4mgSodium: 27mgCarbohydrates: 9gFiber: 0gSugar: 7gProtein: 1g
Nutrition facts are an estimate only.
Pin the image below to save for your next event!
Be sure to subscribe to the blog so you don’t miss out on any magical recipes.
Share this galaxy cupcakes recipe with all your space-loving friends!