If you’re on the hunt for galaxy desserts, this galaxy cupcakes recipe is the perfect addition to your far-out treat table.
Grab your favorite chocolate cupcake recipe, or snag blank cupcakes from your local grocer and get to decorating!
Spacey Galaxy Cupcakes Recipe
We are big fans of silicone baking cups and these purple ones are great for this look, but any dark color will do the trick.
To make your outer space event more interactive, consider creating a DIY stardust and space matter bar.
Allow guests to decorate their own cupcakes, sundaes, and make treat bags with the various sprinkles and meteorite-inspired candies.
Rock candy, star sprinkles, sparkling dust, and nonpareils make for wonderful looking toppings and are quite delicious.
For a burst of flavor, add Nerds candy!
- Create a spray guard out of 3 paper plates. Use one for the bottom and two for the sides. Fold the plates and tape together with scotch tape. Set aside.
- Divide 1 tub of icing into three bowls and color each bowl pink, blue, and violet.
- Use a knife to spread the frosting along the side of a pastry bag fitted with a large star tip.
- Pipe onto 12 cupcakes.
- Place cupcakes into the spray guard and spray with color mist. Immediately add sprinkles.
- Repeat the process with the next set of 12 cupcakes.
Other Far Out Ideas
For candies and snacks that look like they’re from outer space, check these out:
- Galaxy Candyfetti
- These GORGEOUS Lollipops
- Galaxy Popcorn – we love this recipe!
- Galaxy Bark – another one of our recipes.
- Galaxy Ice Cream – also our creation.
- Don’t forget the Outer Space Goody Bags to contain all the treats!
Share this galaxy cupcakes recipe with all your space-loving friends!