Cake donuts are easy to bake and fun to decorate.
With a box of cake mix and some simple ingredients, you can whip up a batch of far-out donuts in no time.
Galaxy-Glazed Baked Cake Donuts
Instead of purchasing a box of donuts for your next sleepover, bake up some galaxy donuts.
Kids can help create otherworldly glaze swirls.
Perhaps you’re planning a space brunch or space-themed bridal shower.
Those both sound like events I’d love to attend.
Maybe you plan to have a day of watching space movies.
Whatever the case, there’s no reason needed to make galaxy donuts.
All you need to do is bake donuts using a box of cake mix and a donut pan.
Put the cake batter into a bag and snip the end to fill the donut pan easily.
Be sure to read our notes in the recipe card regarding temperature adjustments depending on your donut pan.
Once you’re ready to decorate the cake donuts, it’s time to launch your creativity!
Go wild with the colors because there are no rules when it comes to making your galaxy unique.
Maybe the colors you want to use are for a galaxy not yet discovered.
To infinity and beyond with the glaze options!
More Galaxy Desserts:
- Galaxy bark candy recipe
- How to make galaxy cupcakes
- Galaxy party popcorn snack recipe
- No-churn galaxy ice cream
- Quick and easy galaxy fudge
- 15.25 oz chocolate cake mix, 1 package
- 1 cup water
- 1/4 cup oil
- 1 egg
- Icing Ingredients:
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- 1/2 cup half and half, plus 1 tablespoon
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- Wilton royal blue food coloring
- Wilton pink food coloring
- Wilton violet food coloring
- Wilton black food coloring
- Wilton Silver Stars
- White pearlized jimmies
- Preheat oven to 325 and generously grease a donut pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- Add cake mix, water, oil and egg to a mixing bowl and mix well. Pour into a large, gallon size, resealable bag. Seal. Snip the tip and pipe batter into prepared pan. Fill pans about half full of batter. Bake for 11-13 minutes or until done. Let set in pan for 5 minutes before removing from pan and cooling on a wire rack. Let cool completely before icing.
- In a large mixing bowl, add sugar, half and half and vanilla. Whisk well until combined making sure mixture is "ribbony" when lifted with whisk. Divide into four separate bowls. Color each bowl a separate color. Pour each color into a shallow bowl or dish and swirl with toothpicks to mix colors.
- Dip donuts into icing and twist to swirl colors. Lift and let drizzle a bit before flipping over and letting drip onto a wire rack. Add sprinkles and stars.
- Repeat until all donuts are frosted.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Serving Size:1 donut
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 162Total Fat: 5gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 10mgSodium: 148mgCarbohydrates: 30gFiber: 0gSugar: 22gProtein: 1g
Do you like to bake cake donuts?
Who in your family would love galaxy donuts?
Prize winner: Michael M.