If you love OREO truffles and lemon desserts, you are in for a treat. These Lemon OREO balls are creamy, dreamy, lemony, and pretty.
Using Golden OREOS and a few other simple ingredients, you can make this no-bake candy in under an hour. The light pastel colors are perfect for baby showers, Easter, and other spring events. Of course, you can color the chocolate to fit any holiday or theme all year.
No-Bake OREO Truffles
I’m sure most of us have tried traditional OREO balls, right? Personally, I find the chocolate in regular OREOS a bit too intense. I prefer Golden OREOS and some other flavors.
Since OREOS come in so many varieties, it’s even more fun to make all kinds of balls with them. A while back we tried to make tiny pumpkins, but ended up with tasty pumpkin pie balls. It’s fun to experiment!
Lemon Truffles Ingredients
Here’s what you need to make this recipe. The measurements are in the recipe card below.
- Golden OREOS
- Cream cheese
- Lemon juice
- Lemon zest (optional)
- White chocolate chips
- Vegetable oil (optional)
Lemon Truffle Balls Directions
Put the cookies into a food processor and process until they all turn into fine crumbs.
Add lemon juice, zest (if you choose), and cream cheese. Keep processing until the mixture is blended into a dough.
Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
Roll the dough into balls around 1 1/2 inches in diameter.
Place the balls onto the parchment-lined baking sheet and freeze for 10 minutes or more.
Using a microwave-safe bowl, melt the white chocolate chips in 30-second intervals.
Once the chips start to melt, microwave in 15-second intervals, stirring each time until fully melted and smooth.
Some brands of chocolate chips will need a little vegetable oil to help thin the chocolate.
Remove the sheet of truffles from the freezer.
Dunk balls into the melted chocolate one at a time to coat.
Use a fork to remove them, so the excess chocolate can drip off.
Place coated ball onto parchment paper.
Add sprinkles immediately before the chocolate hardens.
If you plan to add chocolate drizzles, wait for the chocolate to harden. Then, add the drizzle and top with sprinkles.
Lemon OREO Balls Recipe Notes and FAQ
What if I don’t have a food processor?
If you do not have a food processor, put the cookies into a large Ziploc bag and seal tightly. Crush with a rolling pin or a flat mallet until the cookies turn into fine crumbs. Pour the crumbs into a large bowl and mix in the remaining ingredients until it forms a dough.
Can I use Candy Melts instead of white chocolate chips?
Yes, you can substitute vanilla candy coating or Candy Melts for chocolate chips. Follow package instructions to melt the candy you choose.
My melting chocolate is too thick.
If the melted chocolate starts to thicken, put it back in the microwave to reheat for ten seconds. Also, as mentioned above, some brands of chocolate don’t melt as smoothly. Add a little vegetable oil to help thin it out.
How do I store these lemon truffles?
Since the OREO balls contain cream cheese, you have to store them in the refrigerator. Place them in an airtight container and keep them in the fridge for up to two weeks.
Can I use Lemon OREOS instead of Golden?
I haven’t yet tested this recipe using Lemon OREOS, but I don’t see why it wouldn’t be delicious. If you can find Lemon OREOS, feel free to give it a try! I would skip the lemon juice or use less if you use Lemon cookies.
- 36 Golden Oreos (1 standard size package)
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest (optional)
- 18 ounces white chocolate chips (1 ½ packages)
- 1-2 tablespoons vegetable oil (optional)
- 2-3 tablespoons sprinkles
- Put cookies into food processor and process until a fine crumb consistency. Add lemon juice, lemon zest (if using), and cream cheese. Continue to process until mixture is like a dough.
- Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper. Roll dough into balls about 1 1/2 inches in diameter. Place on lined cookie sheet and freeze for a minimum of 10 minutes.
- Place white chocolate chips into a microwave-safe bowl and microwave in 30-second intervals. Once chips start to melt, continue heating in 15-second intervals, stirring each time, until smooth. Depending on the brand of chips, you may have to thin the chocolate by adding a little vegetable oil.
- Remove balls of dough from freezer. Place truffles into melted chocolate one at a time to coat. Remove with a fork to allow the excess to drip off. Place on parchment paper. Immediately add sprinkles as the chocolate will harden quickly. If you want to add chocolate drizzles, wait until they harden first. Then, add the chocolate drizzle and sprinkles.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 200Total Fat: 12gSaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 6gCholesterol: 11mgSodium: 88mgCarbohydrates: 22gFiber: 0gSugar: 16gProtein: 2g
Nutrition facts are an estimate only.
More Lemon Desserts to Make:
Pin the image below to save and share!
If you love sweets and treats like this, be sure to
Please let me know if you try these lemon truffles!