The “holiday season” just never seems to end if you’re trying to lose weight. So many temptations every month! It seems to really begin with Christmas but then there is all that chocolate for Valentine’s Day, shamrock shakes for St. Patrick’s Day, and now here it is Easter and all those decadent recipes are in your face! Plus, the cold weather has everyone craving comfort foods to top it off.
Well, I have managed to find a way to trick myself into thinking I’m totally cheating on my diet by binging on these yummy Yogurt Bite treats, but they’re actually loaded with protein, omegas and low in carbs! Dieting is all about the mind games, isn’t it?
Great Yogurt Tart Recipe
How-To Make Mini Crusts:
Greek Yogurt Tart Recipe
- 1 cup Fat free Greek Yogurt about 1 cup total but I always make extra
- 3 packages Sugar free gelatin I used cherry, orange and lemon. Add as much as you want for desired color/taste
Crust: Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Mix ingredients for crust until well blended and form to the bottom of greased (I use coconut oil) mini muffin pans.
- Bake for about 15 minutes, or until golden brown and crispy.
- Let cool.
Filling: Combine yogurt (divide into equal portions) and gelatin in a separate bowl for each flavor.
- Dispense yogurt into cooled mini-crusts. Serve cold. Refrigerate any leftovers.
After making your crusts, the rest is easy. Just mix your yogurt and gelatin(s) together and dispense into cooled crusts. I used a cake decorator to make the yogurt look fancier, but you can use a baggie with the corner cut off, or just spoon it on.
Then, for more fun…
If you have any yogurt left over (this is why I always make extra,) you can place drops or shapes onto wax paper and freeze for little frozen bites of yumminess! This would add more calories, but also consider trying with different flavors of pudding, too.
These would make a great dessert or snack for Easter! Sometimes you just crave a frozen treat. Instead of grabbing a pint of ice cream, snack on these frozen Greek yogurt bites. They make for a nice, cool treat during the summer, too. Just let the frozen blob melt on your tongue for delicious goodness.
If you’re looking for more ways to get protein into your diet, read these posts next:
- Yummiest ways to get more protein
- Best protein pancakes – chocolate and only 90 calories each
- Collagen protein for strong hair and nails
What are some of your favorite low car recipes? Do you think you would like Greek yogurt mini tarts?