October is an exciting month. Fall is here, the temperature cools, Halloween is only one day, but seems like a month of anticipation, all our favorite fall TV shows come back, and it’s time to get cozy.
It’s important to remember that October is also Breast Cancer Awareness Month. Strawberry cupcakes with Think Pink printables are a sweet way to remind everyone.
Think Pink Strawberry Cupcakes Recipe with Lemon Cream Cheese Frosting
Let’s break up the pumpkin spice everything with some strawberry cupcakes. October is the time to remind everyone to check their breasts. Why not do so in the form of a cupcake?
These strawberry cupcakes are incredibly easy to make using just a mix and a can of Sprite. The lemon cream cheese frosting pairs deliciously with the strawberry cake.
Of course, you can make this recipe all year, but print the cupcakes toppers for Breast Cancer Awareness month!
Strawberry Cupcakes Ingredients
Here’s what you need to make this recipe. The measurements are in the recipe card below.
- Strawberry cake mix
- Cream cheese
- Unsalted butter
- Powdered sugar
- Vanilla extract
- Cupcake topper printable
- White cardstock
- Cake pop sticks or craft sticks
- Cupcake liners
Think Pink Cupcakes Directions
Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F. Line a muffin tin with 18 cupcake liners and set aside.
Add the cake mix to a medium mixing bowl. Slowly pour in the can of Sprite and stir together until the batter is smooth.
Scoop the batter into the cupcake liners, filling about 3/4 of the way full.
Bake the cupcakes for 18-20 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of a cupcake comes out clean.
Let the cupcakes cool on a cooling rack while you make the frosting.
In a medium mixing bowl, combine the cream cheese, butter, powdered sugar, lemon zest, vanilla extract, and lemon juice.
Use a mixer to blend all the ingredients together until well combined.
If you would like a thicker frosting consistency, add more powdered sugar.
Transfer the frosting to a piping bag and add your desired piping tip to frost the cupcakes.
To make the cupcake toppers, cut out circles from the print out. Click the image to enlarge for printing. Print them on white cardstock for best results.
Use two of the same circles per cupcake topper. Place on circle printed side down on a flat surface and cover the back in glue.
Place a stick in the center of that glued circle. Cover the back of an identical circle and glue and place it printed side up over the circle with the stick.
You may need to cut the sticks to shorten them to fit on the cupcakes. Place the completed cupcake topper into the center of a frosted cupcake.
- 1 (12 oz) can Sprite, room temperature
- 1 box strawberry cake mix
- 1 (8 oz) package cream cheese, softened
- 4 Tbsp unsalted butter, room temperature
- 2-3 cups powdered sugar
- ½ tsp lemon zest
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp fresh lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line muffin tin with 18 cupcake liners and set aside.
- In a medium mixing bowl, pour in the cake mix. Pour the Sprite in slowly, and stir together until all lumps are removed.
- Scoop batter into cupcake liners, filling ¾ full. Bake for 18-20 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of a cupcake comes out clean.
- Allow cupcakes to cool on a cooling rack.
- For frosting: Combine cream cheese, butter, powdered sugar, lemon zest, vanilla extract, and lemon juice in a medium-sized mixing bowl.
- Blend together with a mixer until all ingredients are combined. Add additional powdered sugar if a thicker frosting is preferred.
- Scoop frosting into piping bag using desired piping tip to frost cupcakes.
- For cupcake toppers: Cut out circles from print out. (Click image to enlarge for printing)
- Use two identical circles per cupcake topper. Place one circle printed side down on a flat surface and cover the back in glue.
- Place the stick in the center of the glued circle. Cover the back of an identical circle in glue and place it printed side up over the circle with the stick in the center. Make sure the edges line up and press all edges closed until glue is completely dry.
- Sticks may need to be shortened depending on the length being used. Place the completed cupcake topper in the center of a frosted cupcake.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 210Total Fat: 4gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 14mgSodium: 27mgCarbohydrates: 43gFiber: 0gSugar: 42gProtein: 1g
Nutrition facts are an estimate only.
More Strawberry Desserts
- Strawberry lemonade cupcakes in a cone
- Strawberry lime granita
- Strawberry cheesecake trifle
- Banana split ice box cake
- Crispy chocolate bark candy
Pin this image to your dessert board to save and share!
Let me know if you try these strawberry cupcakes. I’d love to hear your thoughts!