15 responses

1. Lissa Crane
    October 5, 2016

Well said! Love this!

2. ellen beck
    October 5, 2016

My motto has always been adopt dont shop. My latest dog Odin as a ,matter of fact was found via Petfinder. I had a dog previously who had passed away at the age of 17. It was ‘time’ to get another dog. I picked Odin, and the reasoning is he was older (at 4) he is a black dog, and he sounded like he would fit.
    I actually do cat rescue spaying/neutering and socializing feral kittens. Odin was supposed to like cats- he didnt . Not at all. It took many months working with him, for a bit I thought we wouldnt make it but we did.
    He is 15 now, a funny old guy……. but he is right by my side all the time and we love him. #MetOnPetfinder

3. Mel
    October 7, 2016

This is such a sweet post, I agree that rescue dogs really do rescue us back. I love these photos, so precious!

4. Ladena
    October 7, 2016

First off, your photos are amazing. You’ve really captured the spirit of your dogs in these pictures. I love that your dogs make you be more active. I know a dog would make me get outside more often!

• Jennifer
      October 7, 2016

Thank you so much! Not going to lie, we had to take about 300 pics to get any good ones! LOL Yes, having dogs makes it fun to be more active too. <3

5. Audrey
    October 9, 2016

I love this!! It is so true how much your pet can change you and save you in ways you never imagined.

6. susan
    October 9, 2016

This is so true, you reasuce them, but really they rescue you too. I love my rescue dogs more than anything!

7. Allie D.
    October 10, 2016

We love all our animals. They are definitely part of the family. They do keep us active and make our lives better.

8. Sharon Rooney
    November 3, 2016

I totally agree. I too am a rescue puppy and cat owner.
    So many of these animals need good loving homes and bring such unconditional love and joy to you and the family.

9. Jo-Ann Brightman
    November 7, 2016

It is so important to help animals at a shelter. We need to rescue more of them and show them love . They return it 10 fold.

10. Grace H
    December 9, 2016

I love dogs! This is such a wonderful, happy post! I can’t wait to get a dog. Right now my apartment is too small, but very soon I will rescue a pup!

11. Sandy Weinstein
    December 23, 2016

our 4 legged kids are true family members. love that you rescue. .

12. Tina Harris
    January 8, 2017

Very well said. I often say I’ll get rid of my hubs before I’d get rid of my babies. I’ve had dogs my entire life and they are like my children I love them, they ARE part of my family.

13. Anne
    January 9, 2017

We have two rescue dogs and one rescue cat, and they are amazing. Rescues are special. They know. As I was reading your post, I found myself nodding with each of the reasons you’ve listed for them rescuing you back. You are so right! (Oh, and the smiles on your dogs’ faces tell the whole story.)

14. Karen Glatt
    January 19, 2017

I love this post! It is so true that rescue dogs really help us with so many things and make such good companion dogs. I have rescued so many dogs and love every one of them!