The ability to reduce energy costs with solar power is becoming a reality. This is a sponsored post through Markerly and SunPower, but all opinions are my own. Solar power is starting to become more available and it’s really exciting. What once seemed like a futuristic dream is now starting to become more attainable. It’s actually taking off a lot quicker than I realized. The Solar Energy Industries Association estimates that a solar power system is installed in the US every 3.2 seconds.
Obviously a huge plus to using solar power is to reduce energy costs, but there are many other benefits, as well.
- Purchasing a solar power system could make you eligible for a 30% federal Investment Tax Credit, as well as state and local incentives.
- Not only can it reduce energy costs, but it can also act as a hedge on rising utility rates.
- Reduces your household’s carbon footprint by relying less on fossil fuels.
- Studies have shown that a solar power system may increase the value of your home.
- Most states have net energy metering programs that allow homeowners to receive a financial credit from their utility company for the excess solar power they export to the grid.
- With a solar power system on their roof, electric vehicle owners can offset the increased electricity costs with emission-free fuel from the sun.
- Little to no maintenance. You don’t even have to turn your system on – the sun does that for you.
- Loan and lease options are available when purchasing solar systems.
- Solar is one of the fastest growing industries in America. There are almost 150,000 U.S. solar jobs today.
SunPower Solar Panels
Not all solar panels are created equally. SunPower promises to have the most efficient panels on the market. This means that your system would require fewer panels and take up less space. SunPower’s Maxeon® solar cells are fundamentally different from cells used in conventional solar panels, resulting in superior performance, reliability, quality, and aesthetics. The company has been in business for nearly 30 years, and has installed more than 4.5 gigawatts of solar around the world. That is enough to power Paris, France for a whole year! They offer a 25 year power and product warranty, which means your panels are guaranteed to generate more power over their lifetime than conventional panels.
All of this info is making me want to move more than I already did. Either that or I hope they make their way to the Chicagoland area soon! Right now residents of California, New York, Colorado, Hawaii, or Arizona can look into installing SunPower solar panels to help reduce energy costs.
ONE Grand Prize Winner will win a 3kW solar power system (including installation) for their home. The Grand Prize is valued at $16,500! Sweepstakes eligibility is limited to those who own a solar-suitable home within the state of California, New York, Hawaii, Arizona, or Colorado. Find out more about the sweepstakes here.
Stay in touch with SunPower to follow their exciting developments by liking SunPower on facebook and following on twitter.
How much would you love to reduce energy costs with solar power?