Want a super fun cookie to add to your holiday baking list? Grinch cookies. Not only do they look pretty, but mint chocolate chip? Yum. This post contains affiliate links to help this blog keep baking.
Grinch Cookies – Mint Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe
- 2 eggs, room temp
- 1 egg yolk
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp cream of tartar
- 1 1/2 C chocolate chips
- 3 1/4 C flour
- green gel food coloring
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp peppermint extract
- 1 1/2 C sugar
- 1 C unsalted butter, room temp
- 1 package Wilton Red Candy Melts
- 1 package Wilton White Candy Melts
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- Cream the butter and sugar together until it is no longer grainy.
- Mix in the eggs and egg yolk beating until well blended.
- Stir in the vanilla and mix until fluffy.
- Sift flour, baking powder, baking soda, cream of tartar, and salt in another bowl. Mix together well.
- Gradually add the dry mixtures to wet mixture. Mix on low until combined.
- Blend the green food coloring mixing until the color is consistent.
- Pour in the chips and stir until well distributed.
- Using a small ice cream scoop drop cookie dough onto the cookie sheet.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 12–14 minutes.
- While the cookies are baking use a double boiler to melt the red candy melts.
- Allow the cookies to cool.
- Dip one end of the cookie into the melted red candy melt covering half of the cookie.
- Allow to totally cool and candy to harden.
- With the double boiler melt the white candy melts.
- Outline and fill in a white heart to the red candy covered cookie.
- Allow to cool completely.
Who do you know that would love some Grinch cookies this season?
Rainbow Crumbs for You
Weekly newsletter with our latest posts and shenanigans.