A Rice Krispies treats recipe is always a win, but dress them up this Father's Day, so dad knows they were made for him. It's easy to create tiny ties on your Rice Krispies treats to make them extra special for the father figures in your life. Even the kids can get in on the decorating fun. This post contains affiliate links.
Tie Rice Krispies Treats Recipe for Father's Day
This recipe will yield 6 large Father's Day Rice Krispies tie bars from a 9×9 pan:
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter
- Two 10 oz. bags of marshmallows
- 10 cups Rice Krispies cereal
- 1/4 teaspoon salt (optional)
- 3 large white Airheads candies
- 6 large Airheads candies in various colors
- Spray a 9×9 pan with a non-stick coating spray and set aside.
- In a large saucepan, melt the butter over low heat.
- Add the marshmallows to the butter, stirring constantly until melted.
- Remove from heat and stir in the cereal and salt (optional) until well-coated.
- Transfer the cereal mixture to prepared pan and press down firmly.
- Cool for 30 minutes and cut into 6 large bars.
- Take 3 of the white airhead pieces and cut in half lengthwise. These 6 pieces will be used for the 6 shirt collars.
- Place each white airhead strip at the top of each Rice Krispies bar lengthwise, bringing the ends downward to form a “V” to resemble a shirt collar. Right in the middle of each bar, up at the top, fold it in half, so it looks like the back of a shirt collar.
- To make the ties, take your colored Airheads and with scissors, cut out the shape of a tie. You will only be able to get one tie out of each piece of candy. Do not discard the leftover pieces- you will need them for the tie knots.
- Place each tie on top of each bar.
- With the leftover pieces, cut out small diamond shapes that match the color of each tie. Place the tie knots on top of the tie and gently press down.
Would the fathers in your life like this tie Rice Krispies treats recipe?
Rainbow Crumbs for You
Weekly newsletter with our latest posts and shenanigans.