Fresh watermelon cocktails inside the melon seem like something you’d only order on a beach in the Caribbean.
Well, if you are like us and have no expectations of a tropical getaway anytime soon, go ahead and whip up a couple of fresh watermelon cocktails right at home.
No cabana boy necessary for this juicy and refreshing slushy. This recipe is intended for adults ages 21 and older only, who know how to drink responsibly.
You can also make a non-alcoholic version of this yummy drink.
DIY Fresh Watermelon Cocktails
- Mini watermelon
- Ginger beer or substitute for Sprite
- Lime juice
- 2 Cups Ice
- Large spoon
- Smoothie straws
- Small bowl
- Sharp knife
- Cutting board
- Rinse and dry the watermelon.
- Place the watermelon on a cutting board and carefully cut the top off.
- Use a large spoon to scoop the inside of the watermelon out and place into the blender.
- Add 4 tablespoons of lime juice, 6oz of Ginger Beer, and 2 cups of ice to the blender.
- Blend on high for 2-3 minutes.
- Pour the slushie back into the watermelon, add a lemon or lime slice, a little umbrella, and a couple of straws, and enjoy!
- Always remember to drink responsibly and never drink and drive.
See, not too hard at all! Certainly easier than trying to crack a coconut. 😉 This drink is perfect for sharing, too.
Plan a date day or night by the pool or beach and share a watermelon drink.
Use the Sprite and you can enjoy it with the kiddos. So many possibilities.
There’s something about drinking a slushy cocktail out of a melon that transports me right into a vacation relaxation state.
Even if it’s just a weekend in our backyard, that feeling is welcome.
Summer is flying by, so make some time to soak up that sun.
Make some fresh watermelon cocktails for friends this weekend!
Also add this mermaid lemonade slushy to your poolside drink lineup!
Have you ever had fresh watermelon cocktails?
Monday 8th of April 2019
This looks wonderful and refreshing. It would be fun to take to a summer party.
Saturday 9th of December 2017
This looks so refreshing and good. Will have to try
Monday 27th of November 2017
I've always wanted to try one of these DIY Fresh Watermelon Cocktails they look so refreshing. I've been on cruises and haven't seen these yet LOL
Friday 16th of June 2017
This would be great to take to a 4th of July picnic that I am going to.
Monday 16th of January 2017
I am not much of a drinker but have made one of these and it rocks! I LOVE watermelon, and honestly these are terrific drinks. It has a great taste and to me it just reeks of summer. I like how it is in the watermelon itself!