Wine gummies caught my eye on Pinterest. I traced them back to this fabulous blog, ThriveStyle, where she not only lists the recipe, but also explains the health benefits of gelatin. I knew I had to make some gummies immediately.
Since I am impatient and didn't have the exact ingredients, I modified the recipe a bit. With only three ingredients, I was still able to whip up some super tasty red wine gummies in minutes. I used the raw honey that I had just received from the Savannah Bee Company.
Tiny serving set is from LTD Commodities.
Red Wine Gummies Recipe
- Add wine and honey to a pan and heat on low.
- Whisk the wine and honey together.
- Add the gelatin in one Tbsp at a time, making sure it's dissolved before adding more.
- Keep the heat on low the whole time. You don't want the wine to boil. The heat is solely to dissolve and properly mix all the ingredients.
- Pour mixture into a shallow pan and chill in the refrigerator. It doesn't take long to set into a gummy-like texture. You can then cut into squares, or use a cookie cutter to create shapes.
I suggest ordering mini cookie cutters. I ordered a huge tub of assorted cookie cutters, and they are the size of my palm. You definitely don't want your gummies that large. They are adult fruit snacks with real booze and should be eaten responsibly. In these pictures, I used a mini heart mold, but they were quite difficult to remove without tearing the gummies.
The wine that I used was pretty dry, and I probably could have added a bit of sweetener. But, they taste like wine, and that's what you want, right? This isn't like eating gummy bears.
Red wine is good for you in moderation. So are the honey and gelatin. Guess that means these snacks are actually quite good for you!
You can make wine gummies with any flavor of wine. Which wine would you use?
Rainbow Crumbs for You
Weekly newsletter with our latest posts and shenanigans.