A blueberry crumble recipe is something that can look fancy without a ton of work. This fruit-filled dessert works as well on the brunch table as it would after dinner. Is it a pie shortcut? Or something even better? In any case, if you love blueberries, you should try this blueberry crumble recipe.
Easy Blueberry Crumble Recipe
Ingredients for Crumble:
- 3 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1/4 cup quick oats
- 2 tablespoons chopped walnuts
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons turbinado sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
Ingredients for Blueberry Filling:
- 1 cup (thawed) frozen blueberries
- 1/2 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tablespoon turbinado sugar
- Melt the coconut oil in the microwave.
- Stir in the oats, chopped walnuts, 2 tablespoons of all-purpose flour, 2 tablespoons of turbinado sugar, and 1/8 teaspoon of salt.
- Take the cup of thawed blueberries and toss in the 1/2 tablespoon of flour and 1/2 tablespoon of sugar.
- Take half the blueberry mixture and add it to a ramekin (or mug), add the rest of the blueberry mix to another container. Then repeat with the oat mixture, add evenly to the tops of both blueberry mixes.
- Microwave both for 3 1/2 minutes, then either torch until oats brown, or broil in an oven for same results.
- Drizzle with honey, if desired.
This blueberry crumble recipe can be made with different fruits and nuts, too. Feel free to play around with the ingredients to create different tastes. I know this will be a hit for Easter brunch. It’s even easy enough to make on a regular family dinner night.
More Easter brunch recipe ideas:
- White chocolate raspberry easy monkey bread
- Colorful fruit pizza dessert recipe
- Easy raspberry tarts recipe
Have you ever made a blueberry crumble recipe?