This post was sponsored by RITZ as part of an Influencer Activation for Influence Central, and all opinions expressed in my post are my own.
With the sunshine beaming through the bright green summer canopy, is your family calling for backyard snacks? We’ve got a crunchy, yummy, satisfying mouthful sure to please a crowd.
RITZ Crisp & Thins are an easy and super satisfying snack. We love enjoying them as an after school treat on the back porch or as a grease-free road trip friendly food.
In addition to munching on these straight out of the bag, they’re our new favorite way to eat my pulled chicken recipe.
Seasonal Family Faves
This pulled chicken recipe is a household favorite. We mix it in with rice or pasta, serve it over mashed potatoes, or put it on a bun. It’s delicious any way you choose to serve it.
However, we’ve got a new favorite serving method–atop RITZ Crisp & Thins. These cracker-chips create a tasty stage for our slow cooker pulled chicken. Now, with the two new flavors, Cheddar and Barbecue, available at Walmart, these backyard snack bites have the best flavors for summer.
As the temperature outside rises, I like to utilize my slow cooker more than the oven. Plus, I love throwing this together in the morning and forgetting about it all day.
Because this recipe is really yummy cold or hot, it makes a great road trip snack as well. Just be sure to store the chicken in a cooler, so it doesn’t sit at room temperature for a long period of time.
Slow Cooker Pulled Chicken Recipe
Slow Cooker Pulled Chicken
- 2 lbs chicken breast boneless, skinnless
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 14 oz can diced tomatoes with green chilis
- 1/2 large onion chopped
- 2 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp cumin
- salt and pepper to taste
Serve on RITZ Crisp & Thins
- 1 bag RITZ Crisp & Thins cheddar
- 1 bag RITZ Crisp & Thins barbeque
- 1 tbsp green onion chopped
- 1/2 medium avocado optional
- Add all ingredients to the slow cooker in the order listed above.
- Cook on low for 5 hours.
- Shred with two forks.
- Serve warm or cool on RITZ Crisp & Thins. We like to sandwich the chicken between one of each flavor.
- Store leftover pulled chicken in the fridge.
Other Serving Ideas
- Spread a thin layer of cream cheese on the RITZ Crisp & Thins before adding the pulled chicken.
- Add chives and a dollop of sour cream to the top.
- Top with avocado, green onions, and jalapeño.
- If cilantro is your thing, throw some of that on top.
- If you’re like me and think it’s the devil’s plant, opt for fresh parsley instead.
A friend suggested using a hand mixer to shred the chicken and I’ve never tried that! She said it would be faster and so much easier. Next time, I’ll try it.
Have you ever used a hand mixer on pulled chicken?
Enter for Chance to Win 1 of 7 Walmart Gift Cards!
From May 23rd to June 13, 2019, you can enter for a chance to win a Walmart gift card. Six $50 Walmart Gift Cards and one grand prize $200 Walmart Gift Card are available.
I-C will randomly select winners from all program entries and will facilitate fulfillment of the seven (7) winning prizes.
Simply enter using the widget below.RITZ Crisp & Thins Summertime Sweepstakes