Nothing beats a refreshing popsicle recipe on these hot summer days. Of course, you can quickly stock up on store-bought frozen treats, but it's fun to make your own ice pops in your favorite flavors, as well. If you're looking for tasty popsicle recipes, be sure to give these strawberry cheesecake pops a try.
When you make your own popsicles at home, it's the perfect opportunity to experiment with ingredients and flavor combos. Here we have fresh strawberries, cheesecake pudding, and vanilla wafers which tastes like strawberry cheesecake. The crushed cookies are like the cheesecake crust. You can use vanilla pudding for strawberries and cream instead. Try your favorite flavors to see what kind of pudding pops you can whip up.
We love all frozen treats in this house. Our freezers are always well stocked with ice cream, freeze pops, and popsicles. There are tons of goodies found in our grocer's freezer aisle. But, when you make your own, there's something to look forward to. Using ingredients you choose, flavors you love, and the anticipation while you wait for the ice pops to freeze, just makes them taste even better.
More DIY Popsicle Recipes
If you're looking for more ways to make your own popsicles, try these recipes out.
Strawberry Cheesecake Popsicle Recipe
- In a small bowl, add strawberries, sugar, and water and mix well. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl, add pudding and milk. Whisk well to combine. Stir in crushed cookies.
- Use a 2 tablespoon portion scoop to add pudding to a popsicle mold. A 1 tablespoon of strawberry mixture as the next layer, and finally another 2 tablespoons of pudding to the popsicle mold.
- Gently tap mold to release bubbles and place top on mold. Insert popsicle sticks into the mold and freeze for at least 8 hours or overnight.
- To remove popsicles from mold, run warm water on the mold and gently pull the popsicles out of the mold. Store in an airtight container or resealable bag in the freezer.
Use skim milk and sugar-free pudding to lower the calories.
Do you like to make popsicles at home? What's your favorite popsicle recipe?