Donut recipe or Doughnut recipe? I don’t know which one is correct, but today we are going with donut.
My Pinterest feed has been tempting me with donuts for months now. This pin was the last straw.
I had to bake some donuts myself. This post contains affiliate links, so we can make an obscene amount of mini donuts.
I ordered myself a mini donut pan because I figured mini donuts would be safer than the large version.
I had no idea how small this mini pan would be, but it’s adorable and I love it. It makes tiny bite-sized donuts that are perfect for everyone.
I modified the recipe from the pin above. I love the way they turned out, and I look forward to trying more flavor combinations.
Baked Mini Coffee Doughnuts Recipe
Makes 24 mini donuts
- 1 cup flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup fat-free Greek Yogurt
- 3 Tbsp strong coffee brewed (just mix a spoonful of instant coffee with a little hot water)
- 1 Tbsp coconut oil, melted
- 1 tsp vanilla bean paste
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Spray mini donut pan with cooking spray and set aside.
- Combine flour, baking powder, sea salt, and sugar in a bowl. (All dry ingredients)
- Mix egg, Greek yogurt, brewed coffee, melted coconut oil, and vanilla bean paste in another bowl. (All wet ingredients)
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry and mix until combined. Don’t over-mix.
- Scoop the dough into a plastic sandwich bag and cut a corner off. Use the bag to pipe the dough into the mini donut pan.
- Bake for 5 minutes.
Cacao Glaze Recipe
- 3 Tbsp powdered sugar
- 1/2 tsp cacao powder
- 1 tsp vanilla instant pudding powder
- 1 Tbsp water
- Mix all above ingredients.
- Dip the tops of the donuts into the glaze and serve.
More donut recipes to make
I also tried to make a vanilla glaze using vanilla instant pudding. I used 1 Tbsp vanilla instant pudding powder and 1 Tbsp of coconut milk. It was more like a frosting than a glaze. It was not very pretty on the donuts, but they tasted good.