This family loves Halloween. Sweets, treats, and spooky costumes along with the changing season make it such a fun time of year. We especially love coming up with easy Halloween recipes to spook anyone brave enough to come over.
For these we played with a seasonal favorite, TruMoo Orange Scream milk. This is a sponsored post, but all thoughts and opinions shared here are my own. This post contains affiliate links.
Easy Halloween Recipes
Jell-O and Pudding Brain
Brains for dinner makes such a great table setting. This is actually super easy to make, just leave yourself enough time for the Jell-O to set in between.
- Jell-O Brain Mold and a small bowl to fit inside
- Red Jell-O of your choice (2 small boxes or one larger)
- 1 packet plain gelatin
- 1 large box vanilla pudding (I prefer cook and serve, but instant would work too)
- 1/2 gallon TruMoo Orange Scream Milk
- Non stick spray
- Prepare Jell-O using package directions.
- Prepare 1 packet plain gelatin and combine with Jell-O. (This is for added rigidity.)
- Spray brain mold and outside of small bowl with non stick spray.
- Pour Jell-O into mold. Place the small bowl into the liquid Jell-O to force it up the sides while leaving a hole in the center of the brain.
- Refrigerate until firm.
- While that’s cooling, prepare the pudding per package instructions substituting TruMoo Orange Scream milk for regular milk. Let cool.
- Once Jell-O is firm and pudding is cooled, remove the small bowl and pour the pudding into the mold. Optional: pour additional Jell-O to cover and seal the pudding inside the brain.
- Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.
- When ready, place a decorative bowl or serving dish upside-down on the mold and flip so that the Jell-O Brain falls into place on/in the dish.
- Garnish with jam or strawberry syrup for blood.
More Reasons Not to Fear TruMoo Orange Scream
- Has no artificial growth hormones
- Has no high-fructose corn syrup
- Made with low-fat milk from your local dairy
- TruMoo Orange Scream is available in grocery stores nationwide until October 31
Which Halloween recipes will you be making this year?
Sunday 25th of October 2015
OMG!! This is awesome.Thank you for linking up with us at #HomeMattersParty. We would love to have you again next week.
Monday 19th of October 2015
That looks so gross I bet it is yummy! I love Halloween brings out the brainy (punt intended) in all of us :) Thanks for linking up to the Home Matters Party with you!
Saturday 17th of October 2015
I'm going to have to get me a brain mold! This is just too awesome :) My grand kids would love this! Sharing to my Pintrest for others to enjoy also.
Thursday 15th of October 2015
Sounds awsome.. had to share :) going to make for my boys
Sunday 11th of October 2015
Pudding brains are very fun and scary. Love the cookies.