This is such an easy St. Patrick’s Day cookie recipe. It is perfect for a last minute festive treat or snack. A little green food coloring could even be added to give it that extra flair. This post contains affiliate links.
Easy Shamrock Cookies
I have always been obsessed with pistachios. They’re so yummy! And, did you know they’re actually a seed, not a nut? They’re full of fiber and heart healthy fats too.
Surprisingly though, when ground into a meal, their flavor is really soft. I’ve been working a lot with pistachio meal lately so I decided to enhance it a bit with this awesome pistachio flavoring.
I tried numerous other pistachio extracts (which are not easy to find) and was disappointed by all of them. This Beanilla one is awesome. It smells amazing too.
- 1 package Betty Crocker Sugar Cookie mix
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup butter softened
- 2/3 cup pistachio meal
- 1 tsp Beanilla pistachio flavor
- 2-3 tbsp flour
- green food coloring (optional)
- Shamrock cookie cutter
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- To make the pistachio meal, simply put about 3/4 cup shelled pistachios in a food processor and grind into a fine meal.
- Follow the instructions on the package for making cut-out cookies adding in the additional pistachio meal and pistachio flavor.
- (TIP: add water a tsp at a time if you find the dough to be too dry with the additional ingredients. But don’t over-wet or it will be too sticky to roll out.)
- On a floured surface, roll out the dough to about 1/4 inch thick.
- Using a shamrock cookie cutter, cut out the cookies and put on an ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake according to package instructions or until edges are golden brown.
- Let cool and serve.
I love putting little festive treats like these St. Patrick’s Day cookies into the kids’ lunches with cute little notes. I don’t care how old they get! I know they secretly love it. 🙂
Check out these other recipes using pistachio meal!
Do you have a favorite St. Patrick’s Day cookie recipe?