As of today, Pokemon GO has been out for 19 days. (Pokemon GO release date in the US: July 9, 2016.) I have been playing the game actively for the last fifteen. During this time, I have said some of the strangest things, out loud. In public. My inner nerd is out and waving its flag–embroidered with a Snorlax emblem, naturally–with pride I never knew I had. We are accumulating quite a few funny quotes thanks to our adventures.
Funny Quotes – Thanks to Pokemon GO
- “Come on! My balls hit him square in the face! Then he ran away!”
- “I’ve got eggs to hatch. Let’s walk.”
- “All that just to hatch a pidgey?”
- “YES! I’ve got GREAT balls now!”
- “Hah! I think you’re a *weedle* late on that one.” <laughs at self>
- 10:45pm: “I can’t believe we’re wandering the neighborhood in our pajamas.”
- “Woohoo! I got Drowzee!”
- “I have to go dominate a gym.”
- “My boyfriend has no balls.”
- “Pull over. There is a low level gym right here.”
- “OMG I’m surrounded by rats.”
- “Ugh. Bats are such a pain in the @$$ to catch!”
- “OMG. I need more balls.”
- “Razz-berries save balls.”
- Jen: “The apartments across the street have a ton of weedles!” Mike: “So does our garbage can, but I just call them maggots.”
- “Yes! The speed limit is 15 mph!”
- “Drive slower, drive slower.” As a passenger, of course.
- “My Vaporeon is CP 1439. I can’t decide if I should spend the candies and stardust to just power him up or evolve a new high CP Eevee. I’ll name the Eevee ‘Rainer’ to make sure I get another Vaporeon, but what if that trick doesn’t work and I get another Flareon or Jolteon?!” My former self thinks I’ve had a stroke. Current self is very aware that nerd level: master, has been unlocked.
It’s midnight. Evan and I are somewhat creepily sitting at a picnic table in the middle of a park.
A police officer approaches in his car.
He pulls up as close as he can shining his lights at our backs.
We slowly turn, not quite looking with our eyes because we’re still frantically tapping our phone screens–mid battle at a gym.
He rolls his window down and dryly asks, “Poké-mans?”
We just guiltily shrugged our shoulder and said, “Yeahhhhhh….”
He slowly drove away shaking his head but did say, “You kids have fun.” <Pahahaha! He called us kids!>
Make sure you read our Pokemon GO Tips Every Trainer Should Know!
Do you have any funny quotes from Pokemon GO yet?