Monster cookie dough is a no-bake cookie dough that’s safe to eat raw. If you’re looking for cookie dough with a little extra going on, this one is packed with flavors and textures!
We now have quite a lineup of raw cookie dough recipes. Let’s add this edible monster cookie dough for yet another celebratory treat that allows us to enjoy the best part of cookies — the dough — safely.
Edible Monster Cookie Dough that’s Safe to Eat Raw
If you’ve ever tried monster cookies you know they are packed with ingredients. In fact, they are called monster cookies because they are a mashup of so many recipes that they are basically the Frankenstein of the cookie world.
Monster cookies are excellent baked, but that’s not what we are doing here. Do not even try to bake this recipe as it’s specifically designed for you to eat the dough raw. I mean, that’s what most of us have always wanted, right?!
Raw Monster Cookie Dough Ingredients
Here’s what you need to make this recipe. The exact measurements are in the printable recipe card below.
- peanut butter
- light brown sugar
- granulated sugar
- vanilla extract
- all-purpose flour
- quick cooking oats
- semi sweet chocolate chips
- candy coated chocolates
- mini sandwich cookies
Monster Cookie Dough Directions
Beat together the butter, peanut butter, brown sugar, and granulated sugar until well combined. This should take about 2-3 minutes.
Heat-treat the flour. To do this important step, place 1 cup of flour in a large microwave-safe bowl. Microwave on high for two minutes.
Stir the flour and check the temperature using a kitchen or meat thermometer. You want the temp of the flour to be at least 175 degrees F. Continue to microwave until the flour reaches that temperature.
Heat-treated flour gets a bit chunky, so use a spoon to break it up. Pour all the flour into a strainer and sift it into a new bowl. Use a spoon to help push it through. Any hard pieces that look like rice left in the strainer you can throw in the garbage.
Add the vanilla, flour, oats, salt, and milk to the mixture and beat just until mixed.
Beat in the chocolate chips, candy coated chocolate, mini cookies, and sprinkles until combined.
Serve in cute cups with tiny spoons!
Store in a sealed container in the refrigerator for up to one week.
Edible Monster Cookie Dough Recipe Notes and FAQ
Do I have to heat-treat the flour?
Yes, I cannot stress this enough as this step is one of the main reasons that this raw cookie dough recipe is safe to eat. It is important to heat treat the raw flour to cook bacteria like E. Coli out of raw flour. This (plus no raw eggs in the batter) makes the cookie dough safe to eat raw.
Why should I use sprinkles instead of nonpareils?
Most varieties of rainbow sprinkles work in this recipe, but nonpareils (the little round balls) are not recommended as their color tends to bleed into the batter.
What supplies do I need to make this edible monster cookie dough?
- measuring cups and spoons of various sizes
- mixing bowls
- kitchen (meat) thermometer
- electric mixer
Can I freeze this monster cookie dough?
Yes, this monster edible cookie dough can be stored in a sealed food-safe container in the freezer for up to 3 months.
Can I bake this monster dough?
No, this monster cookie dough is for eating raw and not baking. This recipe doesn’t include the necessary ingredients for cookies to bake, like baking soda, eggs, etc. If you were to bake this, it would just be a melted mess.
Why is this raw cookie dough recipe safe to eat?
By heat-treating the flour, you remove bacteria like E. Coli. This recipe also doesn’t include raw eggs.
- ½ cup (115 grams) unsalted butter, softened (almost melted)
- ¾ cup peanut butter
- 1 cup (200 grams) light brown sugar, packed
- ¼ cup (50 grams) granulated sugar
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup (150 grams) heat-treated all-purpose flour (directions below)*
- 1 cup (90 grams) quick cooking oats
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup milk
- ½ cup semi sweet chocolate chips
- ½ cup candy coated chocolate
- ½ cup mini sandwich cookies
- ½ cup rainbow sprinkles (not nonpareils)**
- In a large bowl, beat together butter, peanut butter, brown sugar and granulated sugar until well mixed (about 2 to 3 minutes).
- Heat-Treated Flour: Place 1 cup all-purpose flour in a large microwave safe bowl and cook on high in microwave for 2 minutes. Remove bowl from microwave, stir flour and check temperature using a kitchen thermometer (like a meat thermometer). Temperature of flour should be 175 degrees F or higher. If not yet 175 degrees F or higher, place in microwave for another minute on high heat then check again. The heat-treated flour will be a bit chunky so use a spoon to break these chunks apart. Pour all flour into a strainer and sift into a new bowl. Use a spoon to push any chunks of flour through the strainer. There will be a few hardened pieces (looks like rice) left in the strainer – throw those pieces away.
- Add vanilla, flour, oats, salt and milk to the butter mixture and beat just until mixed.
- Beat in chocolate chips, candy coated chocolate, mini sandwich cookies and sprinkles just until combined.
- Store in sealed container in fridge for up to one week.
* It is important to heat treat the raw flour to cook bacteria like E. Coli out of raw flour. This (plus no raw eggs in the batter) makes the cookie dough safe to eat raw.
** Most variety of rainbow sprinkles work in this recipe but nonpareils (the little round balls) are not recommended as their color tends to bleed into the batter.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 381Total Fat: 17gSaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 10gCholesterol: 3mgSodium: 174mgCarbohydrates: 54gFiber: 2gSugar: 31gProtein: 7g
Nutrition facts are an estimate only.
More Edible Cookie Dough Recipes
- Snickerdoodle cookie dough
- Cookies and cream cookie dough
- Chocolate peanut butter cookie dough
- Mint chip cookie dough
Pin this image to save and share!
If you like this recipe,
I’d love to hear how this edible monster cookie dough turned out for you. Please let me know if you make it!