Slow cooker cake recipes are great to have on hand. When your oven is in use making dinner items, making a cake in the Crockpot is a convenient option. Try this chocolate and peanut butter slow cooker cake for your next sweet treat.
Slow Cooker Chocolate and Peanut Butter Cake
Even if your oven is unoccupied, it’s fun to experiment with cakes and breads in the slow cooker. Slow cookers are useful for more than just soups and typical dinners. We made slow cooker banana bread that was pretty darn tasty. Since then, we want to explore more dessert options in the Crockpot.
Chocolate peanut butter cake in the slow cooker is easy to make but must be watched. Each slow cooker is so different that you need to make sure it doesn’t burn. Keep a close eye on it the first time you make it to get to know the correct timing for this cake in your Crockpot.
The center of the cake won’t be set, but that is okay. There’s no egg or anything in the recipe to harm people if it’s at all undercooked or raw.
This cake is crumbly but moist and has a delicious rich flavor. There’s some crunch with the peanuts from the peanut butter. Try serving warm topped with some vanilla ice cream for the best indulgent experience.
Make this your next date night dessert. Since it feeds 8-10 people, save it for your next game night, Valentine’s day gathering, New Year’s Eve party, or whenever the mood strikes.
More Slow Cooker Recipes to Save:
- Overnight slow cooker french toast
- Slow cooker sweet potatoes with maple pecan topping
- Easy three bean slow cooker chili
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 dash salt
- 1 cup chunky peanut butter
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons hot water
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 3/4 cup half and half
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 5 cups vanilla ice cream, optional, for topping
- In a small bowl, combine flour, brown sugar, baking soda, baking powder and salt. Mix well.
- In a separate, larger mixing bowl, combine peanut butter, sour cream, butter and water. Mix well. Add dry ingredients to peanut butter mixture. Fold in chocolate chips.
- Generously grease a 6 quart slow cooker with nonstick cooking spray and spread/press batter into the crock.
- In a measuring cup, heat half and half for 60 seconds at 50% power. Repeat for a second heating. Add sugar and cocoa powder to the half and half and whisk well. Pour on top of batter.
- Place the lid on the slow cooker and heat on high for 1-1/2 to 2 hours or until the edges begin to pull away from the side of the crock. The center will be jiggly and remain soft. Scoop onto a plate and serve with vanilla ice cream if desired.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Serving Size:1 slice
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 631Total Fat: 34gSaturated Fat: 15gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 16gCholesterol: 55mgSodium: 417mgCarbohydrates: 74gFiber: 5gSugar: 51gProtein: 13g
Please share this recipe with your cake-loving friends and family. Subscribe to the blog for more tasty recipes like this one.
Have you made a slow cooker cake? Do you think you would like chocolate peanut butter cake in the Crockpot?