Chocolate chip muffins are my favorite kind of muffin. I had been looking for a good recipe for muffins for a while now. Since my MyMixx, My Savings app from jewel-osco has been my new shopping sidekick, I thought I’d try one of their muffin recipes. Sponsored post, all opinions are my own.
I have been using the MyMixx, My Savings app for about a month now. My first trip didn’t register my savings, but I was happy to see them tally up after my next few trips. So far, I have saved over $45 by clipping coupons with the app. That doesn’t include any paper coupons I used, and it’s also only a few trips. I haven’t even made any big money shopping trips in a while. I am pleased.
Vanilla Rich Chocolate Chip Muffins Recipe
- 2 cups flour
- 1 Tbs Vanilla Extract
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 cup sour cream – I used 6 oz cream cheese + 3 tbs milk blended
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil – I used applesauce
- 1 egg
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Lightly grease 12 muffin cups or line with paper baking cups. Set aside.
- Mix flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt in large bowl.
- Mix sour cream, milk, oil, egg and vanilla in medium bowl.
- Add to flour mixture; stir just until dry ingredients are moistened. (Batter will be thick and slightly lumpy.)
- Gently stir in chocolate chips.
- Spoon batter into prepared muffin cups, filling each cup 2/3 full.
- Bake 20 to 25 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center of muffins comes out clean.
- Serve warm.
Even though I added all of the ingredients for chocolate chip muffins to my shopping list, I still forgot sour cream. I am awesome like that. So, I substituted cream cheese and milk. Not sure if that had an impact on the flavor that much, but I think these muffins are good. I think I would try adding some vanilla bean next time. The flavor wasn’t as vanilla-y as the title made me think they would be. But, overall, yummy muffins! I will make them again.
Don’t forget to download the MyMixx app if you have a jewel-osco near you. It’s an easy way to find new recipes, create a shopping list, clip coupons, find deals, and save. I love it.
Do you like chocolate chip muffins? Or do you prefer other mix-ins in your muffins?
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of jewel-osco. The opinions and text are all mine.