An overnight French toast bake recipe is so lovely to have.
Waking up with the thought of breakfast almost done is a fabulous feeling.
If you have guests, sleepovers, or just want a special brunch for any reason, this French toast bake with apples is sure to please.
French Toast Bake
Add this tasty overnight breakfast recipe to your recipe box immediately.
If you end up with extra apples during an apple-picking season, here is a way to put them to good use.
A French toast overnight breakfast recipe is also a great way to use up day-old bread.
Love French Toast? Try these recipes next?
Wake up drooling thanks to breakfast being ready in the oven.
Having guests over for the holidays? This overnight French toast bake is an excellent dish to serve.
Prepare everything the day before. Then, wake up a little earlier than your guests so you can put the dish in the oven.
Watch as people come sniffing out of bed to see what deliciousness is happening in the kitchen.
Mornings are chaotic enough. Take some pressure off with breakfasts you can make ahead of time.
Maybe even make it so everyone can sit down and enjoy a hot morning meal — instead of wolfing it down and racing out the door.
- 1 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1 stick butter, 1/2 cup
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 2 apples, peeled, cored, and sliced into 1/4″ slices
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 15 slices French bread, day-old French bread cut into 3/4″ thick slices
- 4 tablespoons maple syrup, for serving
- In a saucepan add brown sugar, butter, and syrup. Heat on medium heat, stirring constantly just until bubbling. Pour into ungreased 9×13 pan.
- Arrange sliced apples on top of brown sugar mixture in a single layer.
- Beat eggs, vanilla, and milk together in a mixing bowl. Add bread, letting soak for about a minute, using a fork to flip the bread over to coat all sides. Place bread on the apples.
- Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Remove from refrigerator and preheat oven to 350. Bake, uncovered for 30-35 minutes or until center is set.
- Serve with syrup.
Serving Size:1 piece
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 416Total Fat: 10gSaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 55mgSodium: 648mgCarbohydrates: 71gFiber: 3gSugar: 24gProtein: 12g
Do you ever make a French toast bake?
Do you think you’d like this overnight French toast bake recipe with apples?