This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #CrispyCreations #CollectiveBias #CrispyChicken
Air fried chicken tenders are one of the first foods I want to master with my new air fryer. I finally jumped on the air fryer bandwagon, and can instantly see the hype.
My mission is to create the crispiest air fried chicken tenders without the use of breadcrumbs.
Secret Ingredient for Crispiest Chicken
Argo® Corn Starch is the secret ingredient for the crispiest chicken. Add corn starch to your crispy coating batter. Whether you bake, deep fry, or air fry, Argo® Corn Starch is what you need to create the crispiest chicken with an airy texture.
One of our favorite foods to eat is fried chicken. In the form of a nugget, strip, tender, or otherwise, it’s a food normally purchased via takeout.
My goal is to make the crispiest chicken from home so I can control the ingredients and save money.
About Argo® Corn Starch
Argo® Corn Starch has many uses beyond chicken. Do you remember the tub from childhood? I sure do, and my Gram still always has a container of Argo® Corn Starch in the cabinet. Makes sense since it’s been a trusted brand for over 100 years!
Be sure to visit their site for more recipes.
Here are some uses and benefits of using cornstarch:
- Use as a thickening agent in sauces, soups, and gravies.
- Acts as a binding agent in baked goods.
- Create crispy meats and veggies quickly (flash-frying).
- Use in crafts such as sidewalk chalk and slime.
- Naturally gluten-free.
Using the Air Fryer to Make Crispy Chicken Tenders
In the past, if I chose to bread chicken, I’d use crushed crackers or breadcrumbs. Although a decent option, I never fell in love with the texture. I also prefer to avoid all the added carbs.
After hearing that Argo® Corn Starch is the secret ingredient to crispiness, I was eager to give it a test. Please know you do not need an air fryer to try the crispy chicken. Simply add Argo® Corn Starch to your preferred coating batter.
I’ve used the flour mixture in this recipe without the Argo® Corn Starch many times before. So, it’s clear to me the difference that adding Argo® Corn Starch makes. Undoubtedly, it’s the ticket to crispy!
If you are on the air fryer train, here’s the recipe I created for air fried chicken tenders.
- 1 lb chicken breast, cut into strips
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1/4 cup Argo® Corn Starch
- 3 tbsp Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 tbsp Italian seasoning
- .5 tsp salt
- cooking spray
- choice of dips
- Cut chicken breast into tenders. Or purchase packaged chicken tenders.
- Mix flour, Argo® Corn Starch, cheese, seasoning, and salt in a bowl.
- Coat chicken pieces with flour mixture. Discard any unused mixture.
- Line air fryer with aluminum foil.
- Spray coated chicken pieces with cooking spray evenly.
- Air fry chicken tenders at 380 degrees for 15 minutes. Increase heat to 400 degrees and air fry an additional 3 minutes. Check using a meat thermometer.
- Cool chicken on a rack before serving. Serve with choice of dips and a side salad.
Don't overpack the air fryer. Air needs to circulate properly between each piece of chicken. I used a rack to create two layers of chicken. The pieces on the top rack browned better.
Be sure to spray cooking spray or oil evenly on the chicken pieces. If you miss any spots, they won't crisp well in that area. I checked after a few minutes to find floury spots to do another spritz.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Serving Size:1 chicken tender
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 126Total Fat: 3gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 41mgSodium: 212mgCarbohydrates: 8gFiber: 0gSugar: 0gProtein: 15g
Nutrition facts are an estimate only.
This spacious air fryer will have you on your way to making meals for yourself or your whole family. Get creative from dinner to dessert trying air fryer recipes!
Yum, yum, YUM! Crispy chicken strips achieved. This is the first time I’ve had that crunch we crave in a chicken strip made from home.
Argo® Corn Starch is most definitely the key to crispy chicken strips. The coating locks in the moisture, too, creating juicy bites of chicken that are delicious even without dip.
More chicken recipes to try next
- Parmesan crusted chicken
- Hasselback chicken with spinach
- Easy parmesan chicken sliders
- Marry me chicken
Pin to save and share!
Be sure to grab some Argo® Corn Starch during your next grocery shopping trip!