I’m extra excited about this BBQ chicken wonton cups recipe. It reminds me of one of Mike’s favorite appetizers from a restaurant. If I switch a few ingredients, I may have a copycat recipe coming soon. For now, let’s all thoroughly appreciate this appetizer recipe. Pin it, make it, eat it, and let us know you loved it. 😉
We love party food around here. Any food you can eat with one hand or hold on a stick is perfect for gatherings. Chicken wonton cups are officially on the list of what to serve at a party. Not only do they look kinda fancy, but they are quite simple to make. Wonton wraps are an excellent appetizer cup. They are certainly underused in this house. It’s definitely time to change that. I will be stuffing all sorts of fillings into wonton wraps.
Make BBQ chicken wonton cups for your next game night, birthday party, holiday celebration, baby or bridal shower, or for any reason at all!
For more tasty appetizer ideas, see these recipes:
- 2 cups chicken, cooked and finely cubed
- 1/2 cup BBQ sauce
- 24 wontons
- 2 tablespoons blue cheese, crumbles
- 1 green onion, thinly sliced
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Place wonton wrappers into a mini muffin pan. Use a tart shaper to press them into the pan. Set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, add chicken and bbq sauce and mix well to combine. Use a 1 tablespoon portion scoop to place chicken mixture into each wonton wrapper.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes or until hot.
- Remove from oven and top with cheese and onions before serving.
==> Make the filling ahead of time if you're looking to get a jump start at party-planning. Get the chicken ready to add to the wontons and bake. Add toppings once they are finished cooking.
==> If BBQ sauce isn't your thing, try different sauces and toppings. Experiment!
Serving Size:1 Wonton cup
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 78Total Fat: 3gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 20mgSodium: 199mgCarbohydrates: 8gFiber: 0gSugar: 2gProtein: 5g
Do you think you would like this BBQ chicken wonton cups recipe?