Serve this sausage bites appetizer recipe at your next gathering, and your guests are sure to celebrate your mad party food skills.
Let’s be real here, all these football parties are just an excuse to have yummy food, right? Sausage bites are a tasty option for a warm and easy appetizer.
The next time you need to serve or bring an appetizer to a gathering, consider these delicious bites. Food on a stick is perfect for guests to mingle while they graze.
Sausage bites are scrumptious on their own or with a dip. Dip in marinara sauce, or maybe try this cranberry BBQ dipping sauce?
This bite-sized appetizer recipe is ideal for game day parties, graduations, holidays, game nights, or whenever the heck you feel like it. Who needs an excuse for a little extra celebration food?
HEY — lightbulb moment — you could even take these sausage bites and make them into sliders. A Hawaiian roll and some sauce and you’ve got yourself a tiny Italian slider.
- 1 lb sausage, 16 oz sausage - I use Bob Evans' roll sausage, white wrapper which I think is the original
- 3/4 cup Italian style bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup onion, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup marinara sauce, plus additional for serving
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 cups mozzarella cheese, finely shredded
- Preheat oven to 375 and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Place sausage, bread crumbs, onion, 1/4 cup marinara sauce, minced garlic, black pepper, and cheese into a mixing bowl and mix well. I find it's easiest to mix with my hands. Take your time on this to get things evenly mixed up. Your balls will stay together better if you take the time to mix.
- Using a 1 tablespoon size portion scoop, scoop meat into balls. Shape them in your hands and place onto prepared baking sheet.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes or until done in the center.
- Makes 40-48 sausage bites.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Serving Size:1 sausage bite
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 104Total Fat: 8gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 19mgSodium: 262mgCarbohydrates: 2gFiber: 0gSugar: 1gProtein: 5g
Nutrition facts are an estimate only.
Game day party food:
- Pesto chicken sliders recipe
- Bacon wrapped water chestnuts
- Garlic and onion pull-apart cheese bread
- Jalapeno poppers recipe
- Here is a whole roundup of food on a stick and handheld recipes
What are your favorite appetizers to eat during parties? Do you think you would like this sausage bites appetizer recipe?