Pesto chicken sliders are perfect to serve up on game day, after school, or any other gathering where finger food is ideal. Of course, tiny chicken sandwiches are also tasty for any lunch or dinner – no special occasion required. However, if you’re looking for party food, definitely give these pesto and tomato chicken sliders a pin.
I’ve said it before, and I’ll say it again – finger food is the most fun to eat. Not only is it easy to grab, but it’s not a huge commitment. For picky eaters like me, tiny portions are much appreciated. That way, if we can’t stand it, we aren’t wasting a whole plate of food.
Appetizers are also fun because you can have a variety. Fill your plate with all sorts of goodies if it’s a party full of appetizers or food on a stick.
Obviously, it’s the time of year for game day parties, but also consider this recipe for game nights. Get some game nights on your calendar this year. Family game night, girls’ night in, or couples’ game time are all ways to catch up, spend quality time, and create some hilarious memories.
Next try these easy chicken parmesan sliders!
- 1 cup chicken breast, cooked and shredded
- 6 slider buns/Hawaiian dinner rolls, cut in half
- 3.5 oz pesto, 1 jar
- 3/4 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1/2 cup tomatoes, diced
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Line a baking sheet with buns.
- Generously spread pesto onto the bottom of each bun.
- Sprinkle with shredded chicken, cheese, and tomatoes. Add top bun.
- Mix butter and garlic together in a small bowl and brush onto the top of the buns.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes or until heated through and cheese is melted.
You will not use all of the pesto.
Serving Size:1 slider
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 288Total Fat: 17gSaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 10gCholesterol: 40mgSodium: 377mgCarbohydrates: 19gFiber: 2gSugar: 3gProtein: 16g
When would you serve up pesto chicken sliders?