I bought myself a Kindle Paperwhite shortly after they first came out. I had been a person who swore nothing was better than curling up with a real book, but the gadget-girl in me couldn’t resist. It was inevitable that I would eventually convert. This post contains affiliate links.
I Love my Kindle Paperwhite – Here are 10 Reasons Why
Get Your Kindle Paperwhite Now!
- Free eBooks – There are always new and classic ebooks available on amazon for free. Even new releases are almost always cheaper than the paperback version.
- Space – Perhaps if I had the space for a magical, pinterest-worthy library, I would want to own all of my favorite books forever. However, I have a tiny house with no room for a proper bookshelf. My husband appreciates when my hoarding is digitally contained.
- Dictionary – Don’t know what a word means? All you do is click on it and its meaning pops up. What a beautiful thing. I will be honest, I would never stop reading and actually go get a physical dictionary to look up a word. Now I click on words I am unsure of all of the time. I would love to think I am absorbing this knowledge and expanding my vocabulary. In any case, it’s an awesome feature.
- Highlighting – Simply highlight quotes, conversations, or anything you would like to in the book. You can save these highlights for later use, or share on Goodreads.
- Battery Life – The battery lasts for weeks. Being the binge-reader that I am, I will go weeks without reading and then read for hours at a time. I love when I randomly grab my Kindle Paperwhite and it’s not dead. It seems to charge really quickly, too.
- Price – I bought the one with special offers for $119 at the time of writing this. I was a little nervous that the offers would be intrusive, but they are not at all. They never appear while you are reading. It’s worth saving the money, and you might even find a new book out of it.
- Super Lightweight – Ever drop a hardcover book on your face as you fall asleep? I have. The Kindle Paperwhite is so light and easy to hold with one hand. For traveling it’s ideal, too. Bring your entire library with you on one device.
- No Glare – The screen looks like paper. For a while I was reading on my iPad and the glare would bother me and was hard on my eyes. There’s no glare with the Paperwhite and it can even be read outside in the sun.
- Light – Probably my favorite feature – no more getting up to turn off the light before bed. The built-in light illuminates the pages without hurting your eyes, or bothering anyone else in the room. Once I feel myself dozing off, I just shut the device off.
- Adjustable Text Size – There have been books that make my eyes cross due to the small or tightly-spaced text. That was one reason I was drawn to YA novels for the longest time – their text tends to be larger! With this you can resize it to your preference.
I could go on with more reasons that I love my Kindle Paperwhite, but I think you get the gist. The only downfall is not being able to swap books with my sister or friends, buy hey, they never returned them anyway! 😉
Saturday 14th of January 2017
I have an old iPad I use for Kindle books, mostly cookbooks. But I've been toying with the idea of getting a Kindle Paperwhite. I think my library has an ebook service, too, which makes me want a Kindle even more. Thanks for your list of reasons you love yours--you've definitely got me thinking about taking the plunge.
Friday 23rd of January 2015
So I am obsessed with REAL books. I refused to use the kindle app on my ipad because I thought "what a waist". I didn't want a kindle. I couldn't wrap my head around spending money for "electronic books" because I didn't have anything tangible to show for my money. I was so Anti.
And then I got a kindle paperwhite for my birthday. Oh my heart I was instantly in love! Now you won't find me without it in my hands, or at least very closely near bye! It is feeding my book addiction, without cluttering up my home with lots of books I have no where to store! I love the adjustable lighting level and the adjustable text. And i love that there isn't a glare for the eyes like there is with a regular computer/ipad/phone screen.
Yeah, I'm just a bit obsessed with my kindle paperwhite now. :)
Friday 23rd of January 2015
Yes Amber!!! Exactly all of the thoughts and emotions that I went through! Now I cannot even handle a real book. LOL I am totally obsessed and in love with my Paperwhite! ;)
Monday 9th of December 2013
I have had my Kindle Paperwhite for about a year now and absolutely LOVE IT. It was so worth the investment. I also got the one with special offers and have never been bothered by them - maybe I would even miss them if I didn't have them because most of the time anything that pops up on my Kindle, I think, Oh! I need to click on that because I want to learn more. Haha! Kindle ads must love me.
I can totally relate to every reason on your list, I agree with every single thing you said. If anyone is thinking of getting a Paperwhite but just isn't sure...I would definitely recommend it. I read in bed every night and it's the perfect thing for that because the light doesn't keep my husband awake.
Tuesday 10th of December 2013
I feel the same way about the offers! I have actually found a few books that way. :)
Kristin Wheeler (@MamaLuvsBooks)
Saturday 7th of December 2013
I have one and LOVE it! Mama Luvs Books and Mama Luvs Kindles! =)
Friday 6th of December 2013
I just looked at a Kindle Paperwhite tonight. I love that you can see them on the beach and the sun does not effect the screen visibility.